Pie pan dash shield

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Pie pan dash shield
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 07:34 pm:

Could someone please post a picture of the floor area and installation of the pie pan dash shield on a 21 with wooden firewall/dash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 09:38 pm:

Is this what you're talking about? You seen the metal thing just under the coil box and between the upper floorboard arms. The sometimes a round clearance area on the left side to clear the steering column.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 09:40 pm:

I forgot to add...To clear the steering column mounting base.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brooks Schlieben on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 10:06 pm:

I have one too for a 1920. Is it nailed or screwed into the firewall?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie Dill on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 10:19 pm:

I have one. I just finished making replacements for my 2 upper floor board pieces which had broken up quite a bit where the cutouts are. The new ones are passable for sure, but now I'm excited to dig up some hardwood and build new ones from that. The ones I built now are from 1/2" clear pine. The larger floorboard is hardwood. It needed a mending plate and a couple wood strips screwed to the bottom.

I also have an engine shield. This required some additional beveled cuts on the floorboard. I haven't got into it, but I cannot get much of a tool on the furthest back spark plug and head bolts. The engine shield may need to come off if I have to do much there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie Dill on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 10:44 pm:

The black duct tape is covering holes that I have no idea why they were there. Also, I use a floor mat to cover this so it's really more structural than visual. Would be nice to do all new in hardwood. Plus a fun woodworking project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 04:34 am:

Looks like auxiliary transmission or a foot feed location.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 09:13 am:

Thank you all, this answers my question

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 10:55 am:

I have a 21 Touring. I used some small oval head wood screws to attach it to the wood firewall. Mine looks pretty much like Martin V looks like.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration