1925 Tudor tail light question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1925 Tudor tail light question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 09:31 pm:

I have another question about my '25 Tudor. The tail light shown below came mounted on the spare tire carrier which is also shown. Is this correct for a 1925? It seems (and looks) odd that the tail light and license plate bracket would be mounted off center together unlike the earlier spare tire carriers that had the single light mount directly into it with elongated slots to mount the plate to the right.

Also, is this light a reproduction? It has Ford script on it but the light housing doesn't look old to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 10:26 pm:

The taillight is original and yes they were mounted off center to the passenger side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 11:05 pm:

That tail light assembly should be mounted offset to the driver's side, not the passenger's side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 12:05 am:

Oooops, can't believe I said passenger side. Thanks for the correction Jim.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 06:51 pm:

That is why Ford put those two dimples on the top, to give that rail more strength to support the new style taillight assembly. Oh, and by the way Jim, I saw a 30 X 3 1/2 tire carrier at Hershey that looks like the 21" one does that you have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 07:49 pm:

Great, thanks for all of the information. While the taillight was still installed on the car, the wire holding the lens cover on popped out and the lens fell on the floor and broke. I lucked out tonight and found another lens in my dad's old stuff and the correct wire to hold it all together. It is back in business.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration