Finally Got Home From The 39th Texas T-Party Tour.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Finally Got Home From The 39th Texas T-Party Tour.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 10:00 pm:

Fallbrook Caif. is a long way from Stephenville Texas. What a great tour it was. Had a wonderful time enjoying true Texas hospitality at its best.
Finally was able to meet and tour with Royce and many other wonderful model T folks.
I know it's late in posting, but a special thanks to Royce, Anthony and anyone else that helped in posting the wonderful pictures. The areas we toured were much greener compared to Southern California.
I considered it a complement to have been asked by several on the tour that I should move to Texas.
Thanks to all who helped put on this wonderful 39th Annual Texas T-Party tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 10:03 am:

Hey. Les -- My vote is that you should move to Texas too. That way, you'd be close enough to attend many of our Arkansas Tin Lizzie club tours. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH from Houston, TEXAS on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 10:49 am:

You may not have moved to Texas but at least it took you a while o go back....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 12:19 pm:

Maybe he ran out of gas??? :-)
I couldn't resist, Les!!
Glad you had a good time. BTW, still runnin' good here, will do smog test this month.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 01:29 pm:

Les,
Being invited by the folks in Texas to stay was a very nice gesture but what you should be concerned about is when you get back home and the neighbors ask why didn't you STAY in Texas! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 04:09 pm:

Enjoyed your responses. Bought gas in the Walmart at Stephenville Texas for $1.87 per gal. In Calfunny it's now $2.80 per gal. Price checking in Walmart was cheaper compared to Calfunny.

Hi Mike.....enjoyed the Hill Billy Tour a few years ago in Branson Arkansas. Wished that Tom was still around....loosing too many friends.

The Hill country in Texas is great for touring.

So far....the only bad thing that happened while I was gone was the Coyote's got my best cat.
We have a big Coyote problem where I live. Still have one cat left and not looking for any replacements.....smile!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 09:41 pm:

"Wished that Tom was still around....losing too many friends. "

Losing Tom was hard on all of us who knew him. I rode with him on the last tour he drove his T, on the Talimena Trail. He broke a drum and didn't fix it and never drove his car again. He passed a short time later. He was a great guy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 10:11 pm:

Mike,
Tom was a long time member of the HCCA club in
San Diego. I toured with him on many regional tours over the years before he moved to Arkansas.

We had some fun with Tom at an HCCA regional lunch just before he left Califunny. We gave him a shopping cart filled with old blankets, plastic bags and a sleeping bag. Dressed him up to look like a "Street Person" as a going away send off. He was such a good sport and we all had a great laugh. We later visited him in his new Arkansas digs. Tom liked wine and had quite a stash he had packed up before leaving. We toured with him on a Knab tour after he moved to Arkansas. He arrived a day late pulling his trailer with a U-hall....seems his van died in route. Tom talked about the great fun he was having with you and other friends he had made in Arkansas. Great memories. Thank you for sharing about Tom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 10:23 pm:

Glad to hear you made it back okay. See you next year at the next Texas T Party.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration