I got my new battery for free

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: I got my new battery for free
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 11:02 am:

At my workplace, we sell batteries. If a battery is on the shelf for longer than a certain period of time it is turned in as a core. My boss told me that a 6 volt was timed out so all I have to do is bring in an old core to take it's place. Blessings sometimes come when we least expect them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH from Houston, TEXAS on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 11:05 am:

I must have got one that was close to expiring. I got an unexpected discount at AUTOZONE on the price but wonder how long it will last.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 11:35 am:

Check the policy...I needed one and had to have it that day so I bought an aged one from PEP BOYS (the only group 1 they had) and only got a 5 buck discount, but, but, was ok with it as the warranty policy and time starts from the date of purchase there and not date of manufacture!

I know, PB is not everywhere, but worth checking out maybe....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 11:36 pm:

Years ago Shucks auto parts offered a lifetime warranty on batteries if you paid an additional $20.00. They gave a special warranty card with your name and date on it. If the battery fails they give you a new replacement for free.

I have a model t friend that has gotten 3 new batteries for his t's. Every time he goes in for a new battery replacement they try to keep his lifetime card. It was getting a bit worn a few years ago so he laminated it.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Shore on Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 08:30 pm:

I have a 1970 F-100 Ford that I bought new and when it came time for a battery, JC Penny's was doing automotive service and selling a lifetime battery. I still have the truck and I have not bought a battery in 40 plus years. Firestone has been replacing them and billing Penny's, I hope they both stay open.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 11:20 pm:

The battery in my Suburban died with about 1 month left on the 4 year warranty. Took it back to Walmart and the gal give me a new one. I expected to pay a pro-rate but she said nothing and I walked out with a new one.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration