Transportation to the 2017 Montana tour from New Jersey

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Transportation to the 2017 Montana tour from New Jersey
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 06:22 pm:

Would any of you guys be interested in joining in on a group haul of maybe 6 Model T's from New Jersey out to the upcoming Montana Tour? I would like to go but can not be away from my business for 3 weeks. I am getting quotes from various enclosed tractor trailer professional car haulers.

These rigs can double deck the cars, safely, and reduce our Montana trip to paying a share of the trucking cost and flying out there. The more of us that go the cheaper the individual cost will be. I don't have any firm numbers yet, but I want to get this ball rolling. We would load the cars at my commercial yard near Atlantic City, NJ the week before the trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 06:34 pm:

I would love to go to Montana, but I could in NO way afford that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Friday, October 07, 2016 - 10:46 pm:

It looks like one of those "once in a lifetime" places to visit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 05:47 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 04:53 pm:

BTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 05:10 pm:

Dave,

Call Reliable - Horseless Carriage - Intercity.

Reserving a six car enclosed carrier for an event where you are requesting a specific date for a round trip is $$$$.
They should be able to quote you a price in advance - that way folks know what kind of money you are talking about.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 06:13 pm:

Thanks Jim. I've reached out to Passport Transport, Horseless Carriage and a few others. Waiting on Numbers. It's definitely gonna be big bucks, but should be less than arranging individual transport.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 07:44 pm:

Call Jerry Chase at Lab Threads in Connecticut. He arranged to have half a dozen Ts shipped to the HCCA convention in Colorado Springs a few years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 07:58 pm:

Thank you. I'll give him a try.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 04:53 pm:

I have a trucker on tap for Montana. Excellent guy, owner operator, enclosed rig and he will layover in Montana while we are on tour to do the backhaul. We have space for 5 more ragtop cars at a cost of $2650 each, round trip. Hardtops or Hacks will reduce the number of cars that will fit in the trailer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 01:16 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 11:52 am:

That is an excellent per vehicle price for enclosed "on demand" transport.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 10:30 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 08:56 pm:

Bump

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration