Time to work

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Time to work
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 09:25 am:

Well since the 26 RPU is running good and I've put a lot of miles on this week, its time for a working roll. Drove it to job site yesterday to get some measurements for material. Today I'm heading to feed mill to get 500 lbs of shelled corn. I need to adjust low pedal a bit before leaving . Last night I drove to fair and leaving it was slipping a bit going out of hole I was parked in. The lights are pretty good for speed that it goes . The sad thing is that most of the Amish buggys around here have LED headlights that are much better than mine.
Drive safe and often!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 06:40 pm:

Adjustment completed and off to mill. 500 lbs shelled corn and back home. No problem. Went to family cook out with the wife in tow. She is not as fond of it as I am but I took all the kids and grow ups for a ride. After I asked if she wanted to drive and it was no. Other women said they would so after several driving lessons in the field behind the house they talked her into driving. After the shock of all the pedals and levers she did fine. I now have her blessing to purchase our next T!!!!
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 07:03 pm:

Dallas,

Sad when the Amish have more modern amenities on their rides than you do ... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 02:11 am:

LOL :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 07:05 am:

Actually, having Amish buggies lit up like Christmas while driving at night is a good thing. Recently while in Omish country in Ohio, driving at night in the rain, I saw a very bright outline of what I thought was the rear of a truck trailer a long distance ahead. When I caught up with the vehicle, it was a buggy with a family inside. This was a 45 mph road. I was glad to have been able to see that buggy so far in advance. I even thought about doing the same to the rear of the Hack. Congrats to a forward thinking buggy driver. If your going to drive it at night, this is the way to go. I only wish some Model T owners lit there "rides" up at night this well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 07:51 am:

I am lucky to live in Amish country. People are used to slow moving vehicles on the road . I went to Amish bicycle store and purchased two led lights for bikes. They are the size of a clearance light. 3 modes , fast flash , slow flash, and solid.
Glued magnets to the back and stick on tailgate at night.
$9 a piece. 70 hrs run time on AAA batteries .
I keep them in tool box otherwise . Safety 1st.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 08:52 am:

Congrats on getting the wife to drive :-) It took a year and our 2nd T for my wife to get behind the wheel. We always had collector/classic cars and I wasn't sure how she'd handle the T. She took to it like a pro. Out of our 3, she liked the old speedster the best :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 01:42 pm:

Took all summer to get her to go for a ride and now she's driving. T's have extraordinary powers that way !!!
A friend is picking up a 26 roadster for me tomorrow .
Now she will have her own.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 10:10 pm:

. Did I post a pic???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 10:12 pm:

Holy cow ! I figured it out !!!
Watch out now !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 07:41 am:

Dallas, Those are some good looking wheels on that little truck, and boy can it climb a hill. Harv.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 08:19 am:

On level ground.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 09:34 am:

Can't do much work with this, but I drive it to work sometimes. Think I was going to cut hay that day. I need a period correct lunch box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 12:44 pm:

I have old metal lunch pail I carry. Makes a good glove box

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 06:58 pm:

I think all they used backk then was a metal bucket.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration