27 Coupe is Sold -- not to this guy.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 27 Coupe is Sold -- not to this guy.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 11:28 am:

I dunno who trolls the Model T classifieds looking for people to scam but this guy is one of them. This is what I got yesterday a few hours after I listed a 27 coupe body for sale.

Hello Seller,
I saw your post concerning 27 coupe body for sale which price is $1250. and i'm seem to be most interested in buying it.However,can I have a few pics sent to me via email ? Hope payment with Certified Cashier Cheque is acceptable from U.s.a bank...
Await to read from you,

John

My message to John.
OK, it's yours. You will have to meet me at the Westmore turnoff east of Miles City on the next quarter moon night with cash in small bills. Bring your trailer but make sure there are no reflectors on it that will show up if we get a light on us - we'll hide mine and my pickup in the brush and take yours to where the body is. Wear black. Make sure you have a winch that doesn't make much noise so we can get it loaded quick and quiet and get out of there. If you get caught with it I will swear in court I have never seen you before in my life and you had better not act like you recognize me if you ever see me again. Let me know for sure if you want it and when you are planning on coming and I will send you an untraceable cell number. A week night is usually best for this kind of activity.

I also sent this to the guy who offered me half of what I was asking for it. Never heard back from either one of them. Sold it to a legit guy in about 30 minutes after I listed it. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 11:45 am:

Well played, Stan, well played.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 12:18 pm:

So ss like a good name for business.
Midnight auto sales
Great job!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Elliott on Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 12:50 pm:

Stan: Iloved your replay to this scamer. I wish that I could think up something like tat for some of the replys that I have gotten.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, October 08, 2016 - 01:07 pm:

Put them on 'Ignore' if they won't at least give you an address and a phone number. Even then, use common sense and be careful...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Addington on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 07:04 pm:

I once had a Perkins diesel engine listed. I got a response from some guy in Pakistan, that spelled about as poorly as the guy you were dealing with. He wanted to send me a check for $2000.00 more than I was asking for the engine and then have me send him a certified check for the difference. Well I might have been born in the woods but it sure wasn't yesterday. So one of the guys that I worked with and I decided to have a little fun. I acted like I took the bate and in just a few days I received his check. Took it to the bank and found out that it was fake just like I expected. So I emailed the guy, told him that I had cashed his check, thanked him for the payment and told him that I was going to keep all the money and was also was going to keep the engine. Well, some e-mails flew back and forth for about a day or two, THEN the guy called my house and ragged on my wife. Needless to say, she put a stop to our fun. It was fun while it lasted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 08:17 pm:

I loved what Steve did, wish I had the balls....
I got the same email as Stan, fortunately I had already sold the spool housing.

Hello Seller,
I saw your post concerning Spool Bearing support for sale which price is $25 and i'm seem to be most interested in buying it.However,can I have a few pics sent to me via email ? Hope payment with Certified Cashier Cheque is acceptable from U.s.a bank...
Await to read from you,
John

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration