OT: Hershey and politics

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT: Hershey and politics
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 10:10 am:

Friday was a day of enjoyable weather. Had a chance to visit the MTCA table, look for evasive parts, and talk to old friends.

But what was a distraction and a smug to the day was the political signage, both Democrat and Republican.

I know that this a critical election, but no need for politics at the Hershey event.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 10:17 am:

My candidate.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 10:21 am:

I think I would rather have a Candy Date than a candidate :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 10:44 am:

We have cable/Dish tv and i see tonight at the same time as the debate,The Absent Minded Professor is on ! My question is,Did Fred make his fliver fly to keep from greasing his front wheels?? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 10:50 am:

My friend was selling Hilliary for Prison 2016 posters at Hershey. He sold more than 100 of them on Tuesday. By Wednesday they were everywhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 11:30 am:

Royce, the location of Hershey is in the mystical T. the region of Pensy-tucky - between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, I am certain that your friend did better with his political signs than some vendors trying to sell auto-related stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 11:47 am:

An Economist once explained how to define and understand 'Politics'... "Take the word in halves...
'Poli' in the Greek language means 'many'...
Then, regardless of the part of the country we may be from, we all know 'tics' to be blood-sucking insects!"
'Nuff said!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 12:00 pm:

Royce, wish I'd have seen them for sale. My favorite was the guy with T shirt, "I was deplorable before it was fashionable"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 12:05 pm:

"...both Democrat and Republican."

Didn't see any Democrat signage. Are you sure you were at Hershey?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 12:25 pm:

It merely speaks to the gravity of the situation. I'm fine with it. Let people speak their minds if they want. Because once you can no longer communicate with words, bullets usually come next. I don't think anyone wants that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 06:34 pm:

Kim,

He was set up in the back of chocolate field with one sign marked $5. He was selling mostly 1968 - 69 Torino and Cyclone parts so you probably walked right by without looking much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 07:10 pm:

Enough. Enough!

My T does not fly. It runs down the road while making funny noises.

As for Politicks - no comment except (ha ha) if you want to keep your freedom don't vote for Hillary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 07:30 pm:

This year, Im voting for Big Bird.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 07:33 pm:

I was at the farmer's market the other day and a gal was selling East India breads and some interesting dips/spreads for them. A guy walked by and she offered him to try some dips. He said, "No thanks, there's enough dips in my life."
Of course, I couldn't let that one slide, so I said, "But these dips aren't the Presidential Candidates!"
Everyone Laughed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 08:20 pm:

I enjoyed Hershey this year because of the perfect weather and always the great time with old and new friends. It was great also to be in the company with so many "deplorables"!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 11:30 pm:

LOL ... yes, I saw lots of Trump and anti-Hillary signs there, but very few pro-Hillary signs. Antique car shows don't attract a very diverse group ... mostly old white guys ... like me. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 12:33 pm:

My wife said by the time we go to Hershey it will probably snow all week :-( Looking forward to going there and the OCF Still a couple of years away. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tt newbee Thomas R. Hicks Central Va. on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 01:38 pm:

I agree with the OP. Any organizations activities are more enjoyable for all if politics is kept out of it. Ditto for religion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera in the U.P. of MI. on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 02:20 pm:

Here's a funny one.... I had this sign for sale at Hershey and some guy comes by on his little "scooter" and stops and starts yelling something or other about Trump, etc, etc, etc, and we didn't know what the heck he was going on and on about until we finally figured it out!!! "Not TRUMP, it's TRIUMPH you moron!!!" (We didn't call him a moron to his face, but we laughed for a long time afterwards!!!!! HA HA HA HA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 09:48 pm:

good one lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 09:52 pm:

Sound just like a Hitlery supporter!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay F. Cramer on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 10:33 pm:

I've been wearing my Coolidge/Dawes button to the office frequently. I haven't been able to find my Harding/Coolidge button for some time. My dad was a Marine so long ago that he served on the Mayflower ( the USS Mayflower, PY-1, not the steam tug during the Civil War). He was a member of the Marine guard on the Mayflower when it was the Presidential yacht during the Coolidge administration.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 12:36 am:

Hmm, Somewhere I have a Dewey button, maybe I should wear that? Except it's kinda valuable as an artifact.
David Dewey--And YES, I am related

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 08:30 am:

I wear this non-partisan shirt a lot these days.

t

Actually, I had a lot of them made up and sell them at swap meets. I'll have them at Chickasha, but if you can't wait that long you can contact me. Contact info is on my profile page.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 12:34 pm:

How dare someone talk politics at an antique car flea market. Someone should contact the organizer and get the whole event cancelled. Isn't that what we do here? Complain until they delete the thread? After all, it is an ANTIQUE CAR flea market, not a political rally. It just goes to show that this forum really IS no different than a group of car guys talking at a club meeting. Other subjects come up and get discussed. And there's really nothing wrong with that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 07:28 pm:

MY OPINION. It gets discussed at swap meets, in the parking lots at tours. Back in the days when I was able to attend local club meetings, it was discussed often. Whether we like or don't, it is a part of our lives, and impacts all parts of our lives.
AS LONG AS IT DOESN"T GET OUT OF HAND, it should be okay to discuss it here, at least some.

A few years ago, I voted for Donald Duck. I may do so again. But, then I am afraid the other self-serving liar might win.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 07:43 pm:

Interesting thing at least around here, is, that the Trump signs outnumber the Hil-liary signs I bet 3 to 1. Yet the "polls" that I keep seeing in connection with my AOL home page for news, etc. continually show her (I hate to even use her name) winning hands down! Maybe the Donald was right a while back, claiming the whole thing's rigged anyway? Pretty easy to claim she'll win I guess when it's being rigged to make sure she does. Kinda like when Odumma carried 108% of a certain south-eastern state?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 07:48 pm:

You know it will be over when there are "safe spaces" at swap meets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 10:57 pm:

Yea, then the folks in the "safe spaces" will start crying when others point at them and laugh at them. Then laughter will be banned.
This world is getting so dang crazy. 2 miles down the road from me some idiot decides to put on clown makeup and walk to the neighbors with a hatchet to "scare" them for a joke. Got his @$$hauled to jail.
When you have people like that voting, we are screwed.
The folks that complain about discussion of politics have a point when it gets out of hand. But as long as we joke and not get out of hand,what the heck is it hurting? I wonder what the tech sessions are like with those folks around? I know if I was at a tech session with the local club I am in, politics would be mentioned,and we would go on to other things.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 11:16 pm:

Personally I enjoy a good debate, when 2 people who have different views and can listen and respond to each other. In todays society we have a Q and A and call it a debate. We have the masses that obtain 2nd and 3rd hand information and treat it as though they witnessed it. Unfortunatly the majority in America seem to be unable to think and reason, is it any wonder that the majority may not make the most intelligent decision?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration