Off track,Help I.D. 190- Cadillac

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Off track,Help I.D. 190- Cadillac
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary kmiecik on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 12:59 pm:

Ok guys I'll pick your brain . What do I have? Got it the other day guy said it a 1904 Cadillac , Model A. What do you think?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 01:15 pm:

I'm jealous as hell, too. I am not a one cylinder Cadillac expert.The One and Two cylinder club will welcome you. Contact Paul Schaefer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 01:18 pm:

A sentence got chopped off. Fantastic car. The stuff of dreams. And, I will add hearty congratulations!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 01:45 pm:

I don't have a clue . But I'm jealous .
Congrats.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 02:54 pm:

Interesting car. It is not a 1904 Model A. The body looks homemade. The chassis appears to be 1905 at the oldest. Model A Cadillac's (1903-04) used angle iron frames, not stamped channel like this later one. This looks like a 1906-7 chassis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 04:46 pm:

I totally agree with Chris P. I am certainly not a Cadillac expert, and I think Chris knows much more than I do about them. But I right off saw several things that did not look right for a '04. The body does look home-made.
Regardless. I, too, am quite jealous. A little effort, and that could be a fine early one cylinder car!
Numbers and certain specific details would have to be checked to determine exactly what you have.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 05:48 pm:

I'm with Chris, It looks to be an 06 chassis, Very nice car. also envious. I am working on an 11 Maxwell so I can go on the New London to New Brighton tour some day. Your car looks like it could do it now. Nice find and if ever interested in selling I would be interested. 702-353-4436

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 06:22 pm:

I would certainly love to have that car just the way it is! An acquaintance of mine here in town had a 1906 in his attic that I was after. Usual story, I asked one day and he had sold it. So much for my Cadillac.

Looks like the ignition duties are being handled by a K-W Master Vibrator of about 1912 vintage. We were talking on another thread about the similarity of the switch on the face of those and the K-W Auto Lock accessory for the 1913/14 Model T coil boxes several days ago.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Michael Rogers on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 06:30 pm:

1906 Cadillac with a homemade body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 06:33 pm:

There is a LOT of "homemade" on this car I think!
1. The big chain on the flywheel; I assume for a starter
2. The cylinder oiler. I have a 06 Model K Caddilac. They used a mechanically drive McCord lubricator that I believe fed 3 spots (maybe only 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer,Woodstock,Ontario,Canada on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 08:13 pm:

Gary,
Google The Early Cadillac Group (ECG). They have all kinds of info.There is a number stamped on the engine that will tell what year it is.The steering column is not 1906.I own a 1906 Cadillac Model K.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 12:03 am:

Hmm, not sure about the rear end. Cadillac 1 cylinder rear ends were all open not surrounded by heavy iron covers as shown.

There is no oiler shown, a 1905 should have a pressure/gravity flow oiler, the 1906 had a mechanical Levine oiler ran with a coil spring "belt'

The frame appears to be 1905 and later. The carburetor has been modified as there is no mixture adjustment on the top.

The steering column is 1905 as it only has a throttle lever, 1906 has both throttle and spark levers. 1905's had the spark lever along side the drivers seat.

Its a damn good start for an early 1 cylinder project.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 11:45 am:

That coilbox is a MODEL T master vibrator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 09:51 pm:

Ole Henry has made many things run

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 10:41 pm:

John, he sure has. Dad and I fit a T carburetor on an 1898 Benz for a friend, back in the late 70's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 10:44 pm:

And Henry has continued to provide to this day :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 10:48 pm:

Regardless of this car being somewhat of a bitsa,it is still an outstanding find. I wish I had the pep and the wherewithal to build a 2 cylinder car from one of my friends unidentified engines. But, I will have to settle with enjoying from afar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 10:52 pm:

Like the cartoon Dan. Less amusing though, when one takes off from a carcass in the road, carrying a hunk. And drops it on your head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 08:10 pm:

Henry made many things run and obliviously some things didn't run fast enough. Thanks Dan. and Gary love the car.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration