4 1/2 months and it's done

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 4 1/2 months and it's done
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 05:24 pm:

Except for door windows, the closed cab pickup is finished. Went from a pile of parts and lots of work to finished. Paid for by profit from selling spare parts. I was tight with money, so cut down touring seat springs and made seats. The backrest is just a 2 inch foam pad. pickuppickup twopickup three

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 05:28 pm:

Nice job, it looks like it will be a lot of fun, I also was wanting to do this, it just makes sense. Thanks for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 05:39 pm:

I was lucky enough to see it in person. Impressive Jim .
My wife would have loved that this morning . When we left for breakfast in the roadster it was about 40 degrees.
Love it
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 10:00 pm:

Hey Jim
Sent an email of my RPU hauling load of corn home from mill
Wish I could post pics here

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 12:01 am:

Nice work Jim. Did you use foam in the seats or springs? PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 12:10 am:

A very nice looking truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 09:15 am:

Two thumbs up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 08:46 pm:

Jim
This is my new toy
Just got it home tonight
I don't think I'll have it done in 4 1/2 months though.
I don't have the energy you seem to have.
It is a pretty solid kansas car with lots of dents and JOHNDEER GREEEEEN !
I do need a couple of E brake rods for 26 if you know of any
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 06:01 pm:

That neat pickup turned out just great!
I've an open cab version that showed up here in August. Not NEAR as nice as your pickup tho. :-)

Dallas, that new roadster has the windshield in it! Cool. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 06:09 pm:

Duey
Jim's truck is very nice.Maybe he would trade for a nice green roadster??
The roadster is more complete than my pickup but I need rear brake rods for 26 if you have any in your parts pile.
How is your project coming?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 12:32 am:

Dallas, I got diddly-dee for brake rods.
The original set for my '18 and perhaps some bent up/pretzeled model A brake rods. Dunno for sure.
Jim trading for a green/dented roadst.. Emmmm, Perhaps!
;-)
Tin Cup (the '18)? SLOW.

(Message edited by Duey_C on October 13, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 04:56 am:

Jim- looking good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Otto on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 01:35 pm:

I like it!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration