2016 Horseless Carriage Club of MO Brass and Nickel Car Show - St Louis

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 2016 Horseless Carriage Club of MO Brass and Nickel Car Show - St Louis
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 05:28 pm:

The 11th annual Brass and Nickel Car Show was today at the Museum of Transportation in St. Louis County. The name of the show isn't completely accurate since the criterion is any pre-1931 stock vehicle. I think the majority of cars today were Ts and the St. Louis club was well represented. I haven't been active in the club in the past few years and it was good to see familiar faces and catch up with old friends.

My car in the foreground.

A nice 1931 Cadillac.

Dave "Santa" Becherer with his car. It's hard to see the little girl behind the wheel but I'm pretty sure she was convinced that she was actually sitting in Santa's car.

A 1920 Dorris truck. The Dorris was one of the cars made in St. Louis and this one was brought by a grandson of the founder of the company.

Another St. Louis-made car - a Moon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 07:17 pm:

Thanks for posting. I keep saying one of these days I'll make it down there from Champaign. How many cars turned out?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 09:05 pm:

Not as many as I had expected, Troy. Probably 30+. As I said, the Ts were probably the majority. It was a nice, relaxed show and they had a food truck so we ate pretty well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 09:31 pm:

Huh ?? And I was just in St.L yesterday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 10:08 pm:

George, it was a Horseless Carriage Club event so you wouldn't have had any way to know about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 10:52 pm:

I have a car that would probably fit well in that group but that is quite a haul for me. I went down to Brighton 3 years ago and had to get a hotel. With only 30+ I would be reluctant to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 06:42 pm:

Looks like you had great weather! Wish I could have gone, but I'm still driving back home from Hershey. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 08:22 pm:

Mark, I kinda sorta thought I might see you there.... Hershey was probably more important and more satisfying, though. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration