EBAY TREASURE ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: EBAY TREASURE ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 11:02 am:

Lets not beat each other up bidding on this gem. :-)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Spark-Plug-Brass-Iron-UNIQUE-FIND-Vintage-Motor- Car-1920s-/112136357218?hash=item1a1bd90562:g:-FgAAOSwOdpX0ocq

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 11:09 am:

Rust dissolver and J.B. Weld good as new!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 11:16 am:

That looks like someone took a D_MP on it many years ago & it aged over time ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 11:35 am:

That's funny. It may show up one day on the Antiques Road Show and the guy will say it's worth $20,000.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 11:39 am:

Only good for display!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 11:42 am:

Just needs the threads chased out a little !

You guys are so harsh !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Charvet on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 12:31 pm:

"No evidence of foul odor/pet exposure" (!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis R on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 02:52 pm:

Just a little bit of that fine patina that collectors seem to like...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 03:32 pm:

One mans treasure and another mans trash, junk or you gotta be kidden!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 04:05 pm:

I have a timer and a couple sparkplugs that look like that. I found them while hunting arrowheads on my grandfathers farm, still family owned, since 1872.He bought the second Fordson sold in the county. Naturally he had one or more T's. I remember the stories of him throwing timers and fouling plugs as far as he could. Obviously that is what happened here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 04:36 pm:

Awww c'mon...guys...

He's from New Hampshire and the rumor from Mother Nature's acorn crop is that it is going to be one heck of a cold winter up here. He needs precious oil money to warm his hearth.

You should visit his "store" and see some of the other things he's trading for heat money!

(No, although I admire his chutzpah, I don't know him/her)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 06:06 pm:

Nice patina that everyone is after.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 06:27 pm:

At $27.09 buy it now the seller also exspects $3 postage........ya just gotta love it!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 08:02 pm:

Gooood Loooord!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kirk on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 08:06 pm:

I think it's running rich and burning oil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 08:22 pm:

I have one just like it that we found in the yard last weekend while landscaping, better get it listed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 09:16 pm:

You guys may have to help me hold off on this one!! Deal of a lifetime!! :^0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 09:48 pm:

Hey I know where there is two model T's supposedly buried in the 40's on my buddies farm he inherited from his grand parents.
Suppose it would fit one of those?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 10:08 pm:

I pulled one just like that outta my smooth-running car last week. Now it runs rough. At least I know where to get a reliable replacement part. What's next for sale on Ebay?... dirt??!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 10:19 pm:

Somethings.are just used up and gone and this looks like one of those things but people buy strange things when the are.old. I assume that's how I ended up with 2 T s a 2 A models.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 01:11 am:

I sent him a "This is a joke right?" message.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 10:46 am:

Did someone stick a spark plug ceramic into a dog turd? If they get $27 for that, we are living in the end times. Speaking of spark plugs, have any of you seen a two piece spark plug like this?

The base with the ground electrode on it is stamped:
23 A VII
ROBERT BOSCH
GERMANY
Type H 1/2"

so I'm guessing they're not original to the T but it is a niffy spark plug. The center electrode is on the plug and the ground electrode is on the adapter. Looks like you adjust the gap with a wrench. If I were to order those Champion X brass tops from Chaffin's page 192, would they require the adapter set 3001A? Or do you even need an adapter with those plugs?

(Message edited by jesselashcraft on October 12, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 12:10 am:

I see the treasure is no longer available.
I'd like to think my "joke" message brought him to his senses........

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration