Image Size

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Image Size
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 11:57 am:

Can someone remind me what is the maximum image size for posting?

Also, is the maximum image size the total of all images in a single posting, or is it the maximum per image ?

Last question: Is this information included somewhere in the "Start New Thread" section for future reference ?

Thank you,

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 12:08 pm:

about 200 KB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 12:11 pm:

I Lost a little bit?
I do not know of a maximum number of pictures I have posted up to 7 in one post
I saw it one time a long time ago

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 01:46 pm:

OK, thanks. I have never posted multiple pictures and didn't know if the size limit applied to each image or if it was the maximum content of the post.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 01:53 pm:

The maximum size has been increased to almost 250 KB.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 02:47 pm:

The maximum file size is exactly 250 KB. 251 won't work. Sometimes a file that was 250 KB when I resized it will show up later as a larger file, like 263 KB or 294 KB. That doesn't matter. As long as it was 250 KB or less before you clicked OK, it will work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tt newbee Thomas R. Hicks Central Va. on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 02:55 pm:

I took a picture at Hershey of a bronze statue I almost bought, but I can not get it to post due to file size. How can I resize it so it will post?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 03:00 pm:

You can use one of the image resizing programs that come with your computer. Microsoft Office is as stupid simple as turning on a light switch. Paint works too, just takes a bit more selecting and such. Both of those programs come with all but the cheapest computers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tt newbee Thomas R. Hicks Central Va. on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 03:13 pm:

Thanks Royce, I have one of the "cheapest computers". Just got it from Walmart and trying to figure it out.

Maybe I can get the Boss Lady to resize it on her computer, although she made it clear it is a good thing I DID not bring it home even if it was for my shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 04:00 pm:

Thomas- Is your new computer running Windows 10? IF so look at the bottom left of the monitor and there is a box that says "ask me anything" (some say "search").

Type in PAINT

Now you should see the following:

Click on Paint- Then open your photo --->Resize ---> choose a size (600x600 usually works)---> then save to your file---> Post it to the forum.

From here it is trial & error you may have to go a bit smaller.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tt newbee Thomas R. Hicks Central Va. on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 04:31 pm:

Thanks John, it worked! The picture is a little small, but I posted it in http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/682301.html?1476131283

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Doolittle on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 05:53 pm:

Yep, a bit small, but at least you got the idea.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration