Need Model T delivered

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Need Model T delivered
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Kilbury on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 12:56 pm:

Does anyone deliver a Model T from Long Island, NY to Rochester, NY.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rodney Gifford on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 01:27 pm:

Hi Larry and welcome....I've heard really good things about Freighter Jim You will see his postings on here alot I think you could contact him and he would take good care of you
Rod

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 01:46 pm:

Larry,

I can't help you.

I am available now out of Las Vegas, NV.

You might ask the Seller if he has an enclosed trailer or knows someone who has one that can help out.

Your best bet is to hire someone where you are at or where the Model T is located at to do a turnaround trip.

That is a regional trip - the unloaded miles needed to be driven will likely be equal or greater than the loaded miles.

A 350 mile trip is actually a 700 mile trip.

Horseless Carriage has a yard in Ft. Lee, NJ.

I pass it every time I cross the GW Bridge.

You might call them.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 06:28 pm:

When I needed to have my '24 shipped, I searched Craigslist and made some phone calls. A bit of a crap shoot, but it worked out well for me. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Saggese on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 06:35 pm:

I had my T shipped with Uship- list your car and the route, and shippers will bid on your transport. You can specify an enclosed trailer as well if you would like. Carefully read the reviews for each shipper, and I would advise not using a shipping service but instead contracting directly with the driver. I've had two cars transported with uship for far cheaper than the cost of a trailer rental, gasoline, and my time. If you can be there for pickup make sure you read up on how to trailer a T, so the guy doesn't cinch down on your wood spokes for example.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie Dill on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 06:38 pm:

I've shipped a number of cars around the country for a friend. All newer cars, but the system will no doubt work for your T. It's a website called U-ship

https://www.uship.com.

You post your shipment, what it is, with the when / where for pick up and delivery. It also allows for flexibility.

You can also specify a certain $ amount of insurance carried, enclosed only, etc.

Then, shippers monitoring U-Ship will bid on the shipment. You get to choose the bid that works for you. It's very transparent. The bid they provide includes a fee that THEY pay to U-Ship. When I've used it, the quality of the trailers has been very good, the shippers have all been very professional and nice.

Ultimately you have the option to choose which one feels best for you. And, this is a site which helps shippers fill un-filled space on their existing movements. This will allow the right shipper with free space to provide a very attractive bid.

Just a thought.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration