Roadster tail lamp bracket on extended pickup bed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Roadster tail lamp bracket on extended pickup bed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 01:43 pm:

Hi all... I finally got around to picking up a roadster (I think) tail lamp bracket for an oil lamp that my dad had with the T:
lamp and bracket

I pulled the turtle deck and built an extended bed pickup... that extends 31" past the large 4x4"-ish roadster under frame:
pickup bed

(IF I had made the silky thing another inch or two longer, the spare would have mounted ever-so-nicely under there!)

My question is, if I mount another block of wood to mount the bracket to... so there's more clearance to the bottom of the bed. . Would the plate be too far back from the pickup bed to be kosher? I could do the same at the back of the bed, but would really have to drop it down, to accommodate having the tailgate down. Hmmm... Guess I woukd, anyway..

Thoughts?

I thought I might actually want to try running it lit, but as I'm adding brake and turn signals anyway, I'll likely n just non-invasively electrify it , like the rest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 05:54 pm:

That's actually a touring tail lamp bracket. Bolts to the sill (bolts are perpendicular to the ground).

The roadster bracket attaches to the rear face of the deck. The bolts are parallel to the ground.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/135056.html?1271267524

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 06:36 pm:

Oops.... well, snap..... it was close!

Guess it matches my top irons.... I'm told those were curious down from a touring, as well.

Thanks for the info!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration