Winching the T on to aTrailer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Winching the T on to aTrailer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Howard ( Australia) on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 05:55 pm:

Just built a covered enclosure on my high set 5th wheel trailer to cart the '26 T around. Set it up with a Warne winch, and have built a set of 10ft ramps. What is the best way to attach the winch to pull the car up the ramps...not real keen on dragging it up by the front axle and am considering a hook point on the chassis.... any bright ideas appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 06:00 pm:

I use two clevises, one at each side of the front spring where it meets the front cross member.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 06:11 pm:

I pull my T's on the diff housing, tow rope around each axle and the cable to the rope, 2 pipes the width and length of the T bolted to the floor of the trailer that guides the car straight when winching.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration