Mag coils

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Mag coils
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken lemon on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 07:19 pm:

I am in the process of attempting to install a starter on my 1915 Canadian T. I ordered 1919 mag ring for cars with starter. It is a single stack, but 1915 mag rings were double stack. Will this work?

Also discovered that one of my mag coil bolt holes attaching the mag ring to the block is stripped. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 07:37 pm:

Your 1915 double stack coil ring will clear a starter with no modifications. Use the 1915 magnets and spacers from the 1915.

To use the later coil you als would need a full set of matching magnets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 07:51 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken lemon on Monday, October 10, 2016 - 07:58 pm:

Royce, Because I needed a flywheel that would handle a ring gear, I purchased the flywheel, ring gear and a full set of magnets. I assume the spacers to which you refer are those that go between the block and the mag coil ring. There were 4 of those spacers installed on my car -- plus 3 thin brass shims. I have no idea if 4 is a proper number or not. With the thickness of the spacers and the short length of the bolts, some of the holes are stripped. I don't know if I can tap them and use longer bolts yet. My only reason for proceeding is a heart problem that makes cranking a problem.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration