Hershey car show, 2016

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Hershey car show, 2016
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 10:28 am:

I've been editing pictures this morning, but I need to go get some work done. More later.

Bob Richmon's 1912 touring wore booties on its way to the show.

At the show Bob made a display of the removable doors...

...and the tools.

White steamer...

...and details.

1904 Ford AC

1909 Ford Model T

1904 Rambler Model L

1918 Detroit Electric

1908 Reo Model C

Another view of the 1908 Reo.

A Stanley arrives.

The Stanley not steaming.

That's all for now. More later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 10:43 am:

Steve,

Great pics! Nice seeing you there as well!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 10:44 am:

Great !

Thank you Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 10:48 am:

Nice photos, thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 11:13 am:

Thanks Steve! Always impressed by the quality of your photos. I sure would like to ride in or drive that Detroit Electric.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 11:40 am:

Terrific pictures. I especially liked the Steamers and the '08 REO Gentleman's Roadster.
Glad you went and had time to take pictures.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 12:32 pm:

Nice pictures, Steve. It was nice seeing you again this year.

The 1909 Model T with license plate # C8564 is owned by Carlton Pate who is seated in the front passenger seat in the photo. Carl is the current President of the Horseless Carriage Club of America and also a avid pre-Model T and early Model T Ford Enthusiast.

The 1904 Rambler Model L is owned by Reggie Nash who also has an impressive collection of Nash automobiles.

I always enjoy your pictures, Steve.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 12:37 pm:

I had a long conversation with the owner of the '05 White steam car. Really nice guy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Brintnall on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 12:44 pm:

Steve: Thanks for sharing the pictures. Allen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 01:20 pm:

Bob Nash

Bob and Craig Nash

Mr Nash was extremely nice and allowed our son to sit in the 04, then showed us a lot of different features on it. It's gentlemen like him that make me love the old car hobby.

Craig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 01:31 pm:

Way to go, Steve. Always enjoy your posts. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brooks Schlieben on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 02:03 pm:

Steve - Great pics! Thanks for taking the time to share...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 02:10 pm:

Steve, thanks for posting great pics! It was nice to finally meet the Legend himself! I even got a selfie!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 02:10 pm:

Great photos of great cars! Quite interesting a man with the last name Nash, would collect Nash cars!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 03:57 pm:

Wonderful photos as always, Steve J! Thank you so very much, again! You ARE a very good photographer. Again, THANK YOU.
Drive carefully, and do enjoy! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 07:54 pm:

I saw that 1904 Ford AC come in to the show - at first I thought it was some kind of steam car, it turned out it was just overheating badly. Once it stopped in its parking space, it belched about a quart of steaming coolant onto the ground. Hope they made it back to their trailer OK after the show! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 08:12 pm:

Great photos, Steve! My dad had a 1905 REO when I was a kid.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 09:55 pm:

OT, but here are some pictures of the 1905 White steam car that was in the swap area and the car show. The gentleman that was with the car fabricates the "coil stack" steam generator for anyone with Whites, including Jay Leno (the gentleman said that Jay has purchased five units and needs a sixth soon).

pic1

pic2

pic3

pic4

pic5

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 10:26 pm:

Steve, great pictures!!! Thanks!

Did anybody get some pictures of the 1922 Gray? I have a 1925 and would sure like to see some.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 10:40 pm:

Here are two pictures that I took of the Gray. Interesting how the gas tank is half in and half out of the firewall.

pic1

pic2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 01:32 am:

I didn't get the year of this one.

1914 Ford

1916 Ford

Fords: 1913, 1915

1911 Ford

With Pete Ratledge

Peter Ratledge, Bert Vanderwall, Gil Fitzhugh

Kim Dobbins visits with Pete.

It's billed as a 1923, but it looks like a 1924 to me.

1920 Ford

Judges at work.

A wet 1924 roadster.

One of the Locomobiles arrives.

1911 Locomobile

1911 Packard 30

1912 Locomobile

1908 EMF

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 11:42 am:

I found the Gray to be very interesting. Lot's of parallels to the Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 12:02 pm:

In writing captions I forgot to mention that it's Keith Gumbinger talking to Carl Pate in the 1909 Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 01:52 pm:

Thanks for posting the pics. I've heard about Hershey for many years but never attended.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 02:57 pm:

What a fantastic group of oldies!! Great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 06:01 pm:

Mark Strange,

Thanks!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 06:18 pm:

Thank you Steve!! Bud DeLong.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 07:59 am:

Steve, The curved dash Olds is owned by Marc Lalonde from Ont. Canada. I'm not sure what year it is, Maybe a 03-04

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bryan Grube on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 08:33 am:

I spent a lot of time looking at the gray as well. Wonder how many of them survive. They had a little sign board with it, but I don't recall if it told what the price was in comparison to a ford

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 04:03 pm:

The CDO is I believe a '05 (based on the rounded corner of the rear deck and other details).
As for the Gray, many years ago I knew a fellow in one of the local clubs I used to belong to that had one of the few surviving Gray automobiles. As I recall, only six or seven were known to exist at that time. I think Bill Harrah had two of them. About two years ago, there was a thread on the AACA forum that another Gray had been found. I think less than ten nearly complete cars are known today. They were actually a fairly common car back in their day. Many bits and pieces still exist, I have personally seen and even touched maybe a dozen of their tail-lamps (they have the Gray name on them in I think one year). Probably one of the worst survival rates in all of American car history.
Thanks for all the great photos!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 05:06 pm:

Curious about the question of the Gray's factory price, I did a little reading. There were three different companies with that name. I presume we're discussing the one from the early twenties.

Gray touring (1922-23) $520
Gray runabout (1922-23) $490

Ford touring (1923 with starter & demountables) $393
Ford touring (1923 without extras) $298
Ford runabout (1923 with starter & demountables) $364
Ford runabout (1923 without extras) $269

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 07:26 pm:

I don't fault anyone for doing what they want, but hell will freeze over before you ever see booties on the tires of any car that I own. IMHO cars are to be driven. Period. Years ago I went to a car show in Foxboro MA where if the car arrived on a trailer, it had to make four laps of the old (dirt) Bay State (horse) raceway before it could be entered. One of the best car show rules ever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 07:31 pm:

The car pictured in booties was this years Styonski winner and i think it was driven on tour after the judging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 07:51 pm:

John, the car you see with the Booties is mine (12' Touring). Maybe you're not aware, but the white tires made today don't stay white due to reasons the manufacturers haven't figured out. My WHITE tires are new old stock made back in the late 1950s. It's my goal to protect my investment in those beautiful tires. Just so you know, I do drive my car on a regular basis and have a spare set of wheels with black tires I put on the car. As a matter of fact, I drove the car yesterday and again today with my black tires, Model Ts are meant to be driven!Let's go....it's Bootie time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 09:49 pm:

Beautiful car, Bob! I was standing nearby when you pulled in to the show, and I have to admit I did a doubletake when I saw you driving in on the booties! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 09:58 pm:

Booties were the norm at Hershey when I was a kid. At least that's how I remember it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 11:40 pm:

I must admit, I, too, did a double-take when I saw the photo above. But then I realized it was you, and what car it was. And I understood!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 08:48 am:

Not intending to steal Steve's fantastic thread of pictures but got some pics from Keith Gumbinger to post as well. I can't give any names as other than Keith I don't know anybody! But here they are! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 08:50 am:

Okay..something happened to my (Keith's) third one..will try again! Aarrggg.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Kuhnash Southeastern Ohio on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 05:11 pm:

Here is the sign in front of the Gray. They parked behind me last year, and it was the grandfather and a couple grandsons, nice folks.

Rear quarter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Kuhnash Southeastern Ohio on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 05:18 pm:

Here was an original 1923. WIth Martin Perry bed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 10:36 pm:

In the first picture of the MTFCA Space at Hershey posted by Tim Wrenn above, The people in it are from left to right: Dan Conder, Keith Gumbinger, Ron Patterson, unidentified, Brenda and Vern Snyder, and Pam Conder. Thank you Tim for posting these pictures for me.

Keith

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration