ODD BOLT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: ODD BOLT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH from Houston, TEXAS on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 11:47 am:

I have rounded off the hex on the little &8%466& bolt that holds my split rim together. It is at the point where a vise grip is no longer grabbing.
I did not see it in the MAC's catalog.
I may have to make my own.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 11:52 am:

Look in Langs or Snyders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH from Houston, TEXAS on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 11:56 am:

Snyders has the rim clamp with two rivets but not the bolt. Page T-22

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 12:45 pm:

Is it this screw you need?
https://www.modeltford.com/item/2877B.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH from Houston, TEXAS on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 01:35 pm:

That looks like it will work, it is not a hex head but should work anyhow.

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 02:48 pm:

Alan, I believe the hex head is a replacement anyway. In a pinch, any bolt of the proper thread, short enough that it does not go past flush on the inside and thin enough head to clear the fellow will work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 02:54 pm:

Years ago I made my own with a short piece of threaded rod,tacking a nut to the end then grinding it thin.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration