Turtle deck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Turtle deck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 07:23 pm:

Saw this on tbay, looks straight and solid
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Car-Trunk-Assembly-Vintage-/272409742618?hash=it em3f6ce2cd1a:g:V0kAAOSwV0RXrhWC&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting, Clare, Iowa on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 07:52 pm:

Looks like a 1913.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 08:12 pm:

14 t0 about 19 , charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Magyor-Northwestern, Pa. on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 08:15 pm:

It has an access for a battery but rounded handles unlike the later flatter handles. Maybe 1919?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 09:55 pm:

I was figuring '19. Looks like a battery cutout to me, although the photo doesn't show it very well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 10:18 pm:

if it is cut out it is to wide for org. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting, Clare, Iowa on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 10:28 pm:

I meant to say 1914, as the 1913's have sharp corners.

Mel told me when I was about 16, that on the 1914's, the back two corners you could see where the corners were fit in, and the tell tail lines you can plainly see. I have never seen these after 1915's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 08:08 am:

they all had those corners 14 to 22. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 06:54 pm:

Did the widths of the "low" turtle decks stay uniform during the transition into the "battery on board" era?
I got a beautiful deck with my '18 but it has the battery "form out" and is far too narrow for the rest of the body. No screw/bolt holes line up and it generally doesn't fit on this '18 according to the body lines on the back of the body.
Notions about turtle deck widths/dims before the up-swept later versions please?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 07:00 pm:

duey! all the same 14 to 22 that i ever had and i have a lot in 30 years of body building. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 08:49 pm:

Thanks Charley! It us what it is. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 10:16 pm:

As far as I know, the only differences between the 1914-18 turtles and the 1919-22 ones are the notch in the front panel for battery access on the later ones and the round vs. flat stamped handles. Otherwise they are the same.

(Message edited by coupelet on October 13, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 10:27 pm:

The turtle in the ebay ad has the rounded handles of the earlier ones, but appears to have the battery access cutout. But the picture which shows the battery cutout area is very fuzzy, so it may have been modified, as Charley said. The flat handles and the battery access cutout came to be at the same time, as far as anyone knows.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration