OT cool gift from a friend (circa 1912 steam boat)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT cool gift from a friend (circa 1912 steam boat)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 11:34 pm:

Well a friend dropped off a nice little display piece he put together for me. A few years ago he acquired the lease to restore and operate the African Queen. As part of the restoration there were numerous pieces removed and replaced. I got a piece of the top rail, side rail (african mahogany), rub rail (hawser), and a small piece of hull plating where the plates are rivited together. All displayed around a picture of Bogart and Hepburn. A very cool gift if you ask me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gustaf in Idaho on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 11:37 pm:

Did you get enough to restore it? People ask me where I got my T, I tell them I found it on the ranch in the sage brush. They ask if it was in the condition it is now and I tell them that I it was not complete and I had to replace part of it because it was in bad condition. They then ask what I did find, at that point I tell them that I found the radiator shell and it was the part I had to replace as it was too rusty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 07:55 pm:

Here is the way it was the last time I saw it

A Q

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 07:55 pm:

Here is the way it was the last time I saw it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 08:09 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 09:33 pm:

There appears to be something missing . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 02:29 am:

Like, Main STem Stop Wavle?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 09:10 am:

David,

One of the best movies ever. And the book was even better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 01:25 pm:

Where is the boiler ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 01:50 pm:

As I said something appears to be missing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 03:17 pm:

Larry,
Agreed!
Rick & Chad: Yeah, boiler, smokestack, steam lines, engine. . . .

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration