OT but if you stretch this a bit it is OK because of the dates.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT but if you stretch this a bit it is OK because of the dates.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 01:42 am:

OK this is a stretch but I am a long suffering die hard CUBS fan. They last won the world series in the same year as our beloved T was introduced namely 1908. It has also been 108 years since then without a return trip to the WS. With all due apologies to SF Giants the Cubs pulled off a miracle tonight. Down by 3 runs and looking forward to yet another defeat at the hands of SF. The young kids from Wrigley field managed to get 4 runs in the top of the ninth inning and then strike out the side in the bottom of that inning to win the game and since that was 3 wins in the best of 5 series, they eliminated a tough SF team and advanced to the next round which will be against either the LA Dodgers or the Washington Nationals. Both really good teams. The local bars are open in Chicago as our heroes
in far away SF are celebrating an unbelievable win but as we die hard cub fans have always said "Every team is entitled to a bad century..." I was celebrating with my son Todd and wife Renee' since we have been so close many times but so far we are still in it. Todd knows many of you as customers since he is the webmaster at Fun Projects Inc web site. Maybe just once it would be nice to NOT have to say "wait til next year".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 02:05 am:

John, Thanks for kicking the Giants to the curb.
I Hope my Dodgers get there chance to rub bats with the Cubs. I was at Vinny,s last Dodger game at home. I felt that I saw the last great game in baseball. So if you have to wait till next year it will be a nice way to say good by to Vin Scully.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 08:17 am:

John..pretty much sums things up here in Ohio for the Cleveland Indians.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 08:47 am:

"Hope springs eternal"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 09:23 am:

Only in America can you have a world series and not invite any other nations to compete . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 09:45 am:

Since the Cardinals can't win the World Series this year, I'm rooting for the Cubs. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 09:57 am:

" a world series and not invite any other nations to compete . . ."

And a Miss Universe pageant with no entrants from other planets....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 10:23 am:

"Only in America can you have a world series and not invite any other nations to compete . . ."

Good grief! Has anyone told the Blue Jays? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 11:57 pm:

Hey John, Looks like we are rubbing bats. No hard feeling as to the out come. Two great games so far. Good luck to me, Scott

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration