OT but Old Car Related

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT but Old Car Related
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 06:34 pm:

I have a 1923 American LaFrance Brockway Torpedo fire engine and need some bearings. I tried George at Ol Car Bearings and no luck. I also tried the Brockway Truck Registration forum and can't even submit a thread.'
I need to find pinion bearings. I checked with George at Ol Car Bearings and no luck.

The make appears to be Bock Markings are 337R LF O for the front pinion bearing.

For the carrier bearings race markings are Bock 37 LH T.

Are there equivalents out there and if so, numbers and source(s) please.

Thanks in advance.

My email is iawl@sbcglobal.net.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 07:14 pm:

Why not check with bearing supply stores by size of the bearings instead of Brockway? There used to be Detroit Ball and also Michigan Bearing.Bud.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration