Where to Find Brass Tee for Gas Light Installation?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Where to Find Brass Tee for Gas Light Installation?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Woolf on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 09:38 pm:

Are reproductions of the Brass Tee and Elbow used for the gas lamp installation available?

Alan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 11:47 pm:

They had the brass tubing at our local Slot & Wing Hobby Shop. If you can't find it from the usual Model T suppliers you might try a hobby shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 07:44 am:

I had to make the fittings, couldn't find anywhere. You can get copper, but that's not compatible and a big no no!!!! Do A search and you will find some old threads about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 07:48 am:

Lang's has them, but they are copper. I had to get them brass plated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 09:13 am:

Alan, I made a few, I'll check to see if I have any left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 10:37 am:

Alan-
I made that T out of a brass T fitting.

Here are some before and after pictures from Randy Driscoll:

I made my T fitting out of the same type of fitting. All you need is a file and patience.

You can make the elbow out of a carburetor gas line fitting. The straight coupler I made from a piece of brass.

Oh, and you will need this too:

That 7/16" is measured to the center of the fitting. That makes the ends only 1/4" long. File it all down first so you have something to hold onto! Cut the ends last.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 10:55 am:

Just a thought would brass insert T's work better (less filing required). Its a long ways until Im at this point but is there a source for the brass piping?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 11:50 am:

Someday, if I ever get done working on T's, you know the big stuff, maybe I'll have time to tackle a job like this. I even have an original gas line too! I'll bet it would be fun.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration