Old Photo - Model T Era - Main Street, Buhl, Idaho

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era - Main Street, Buhl, Idaho
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 10:48 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 11:22 pm:

Now that is getting close to where I was born ..Twinn Falls and yes about 30 years later but I might have one of those cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 03:10 am:

Drove through a few days ago, it is surprising how much it still looks the same! Wish I had known this was coming so could have taken a current picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 03:25 am:

Here's Google's picture of the same street from 2012:

buhl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 03:37 pm:

When I was really little, we visited that area to see some of my dad's family. I remember both Buhl and Twin Falls, but don't remember a lot of details about them (the street view above does look familiar?). My dad's father had a small dairy farm (also grew potatoes, who would have guessed?). One of the things I remember best about his place, is that alongside the cow barn were several 55 gallon drums filled with geodes. A few geodes, he had cut open to show the inside crystals. Most of them were uncut. He died about two years later, and the farm was sold soon after. I often wonder what ever became of those stones.
Jay, Thanks for the memories!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 04:01 pm:

That is beautiful country. One of my favorite Swap Meets was at Jerome's city park. Jerome, Kimberly and Wendell are close to Buhl. The Swap Meet was on grass and there was lots of shade from the park's trees. Wonderful folks from those towns helped form my idea of what the hobby was all about. Those small farm communities produced some amazing cars and paint jobs.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 07:24 pm:

Used to be a 5 and 10 up that street to the right, managed that store for awhile, out of business years ago, loved the area but I had a family to feed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 07:28 pm:

Forgot to mention, there was a lot of good old tin every where, if the model A I wanted then is still there it should be down to the door handles long ago.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration