Old Postcard - That Dear Old Flivver

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Postcard - That Dear Old Flivver
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 09:21 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 09:47 am:

LOVE IT!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 02:48 pm:

Ditto! Almost brings a tear ....

So .... ingoramous here ..... where did the term 'flivver' come from? I've heard it used quite a bit along the lines of 'Tin Lizzy' (that one I know/understand), and the like.
Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 02:52 pm:

Sorry for the post .... I just did a couple quick searches and found possible references for the origins of the 'flivver'. (I might mis-interpret it as a 'FLYing VERsion of the Ford' ...).

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration