Look what followed me home

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Look what followed me home
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Chillingworth on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 10:30 am:

One way to acquire an express bed is to buy the whole truck.

We used a novel way to load the TT on the trailer.

Rich C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 10:34 am:

Nice images Rich !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 10:35 am:

What a nice project :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 10:36 am:

Looks like it was looking for someone to love it :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 11:45 am:

That is very cool!!!
That's what I need . I could get a whole ton of corn in that bed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 11:50 am:

Photoshop out the crane and chain for a Really "flubbery" photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 11:54 am:

Dallas, I never knew a T Model could climb a hill that steep. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 11:59 am:

It can't fly likeRich's TT but it will point up .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 12:06 pm:

Hi Rich, With all that patina and considering how complete it looks, maybe that truck could be made into an "all original unrestored" truck.

Just a thought....

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 01:03 pm:

is this better Robert?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Otto on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 01:34 pm:

I'm jealous!.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson-Montrose,CO on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 01:39 pm:

Just what I'm looking for...
What did you use for Bait..????
Keith has a good idea there....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 01:52 pm:

What are the plans for the rest of the truck?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 02:08 pm:

Believe it or not I'd drive it just like that. Maybe put air in tires.
What are your plans Rich ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 10:56 pm:

It's dang cool. I would love it to appear in my driveway. What a great TT. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 10:07 am:

I have some TT's in the past with the express bed, if you think of it please post some photos of the bed mounts near the cab, nice find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George N. Lemperes on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 02:12 pm:

There is a TT about 2 miles from my home that is being used as a lawn ornament. It would sure look good in my shop and out of the cold and snow this winter. Haven't gathered up the nerve to knock on the door. George

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Chillingworth on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 10:53 am:

As for plans for this TT, I want to use the express bed on an existing C-Cab TT project. The bed is quite nice for most of it, however, the lower structure where it sits on the TT frame will need to be replaced. I'll post a few pics soon.

I have an extra "Ford Truck" stake bed that I can place on the truck and then I want to sell it. However, in the meantime it's so darn cute sitting in the driveway.

Rich C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 11:22 am:

Great yard art !!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Chillingworth on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 01:37 pm:

Here is the inside of the express bed. Doesn't look too bad...

However, the channel on the subframe show some holes.

And it appears that the bed took a slight bend somehow. I'll need to make a new channel.
Rich C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 02:32 pm:

Great start to an even greater finish.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 06:40 pm:

It's a great start for a really cool truck. Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration