Where have you gone in October?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Where have you gone in October?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 12:44 pm:

I though some of you may have pictures or stories to post about some trips or events that might be of interest.
Today we went up the road a few miles to a nice little cafe for breakfast. They have an old Buick rear end out front. It was a bright colorful drive before the cold weather.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 12:50 pm:

Rich, What do you mean "before the cold weather"? It was 33 degrees here this morning just before the sun came up. If this keeps up, we might have to turn the heat on....

:-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 12:57 pm:

I hear you Keith. We did take a closed car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 01:04 pm:

My only October trip was to this well-known location in Pennsylvania.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 01:07 pm:

Just getting cool enough to drive an open T here without breaking into a sweat :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 01:29 pm:

Drove the T yesterday nice fall day with sunshine. Today my two 55 gal rain barrels are over flowing! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 02:13 pm:

I am in Steve's picture. Just look at Light pole 68. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 03:58 pm:

We went on the Covered Bridge Tour in Rockville, Indiana. It's a very nice, low key tour, but don't bring a show car because we "ford" several streams and drive on lots of gravel roads, and the cars get dirty. Next, we went over to the MTFCA Model T Museum in Richmond, Indiana and did some volunteer work there for a few days. After that we drove to Hershey. At Hershey we spent most of our time at the MTFCA club spaces selling hats, shirts and memberships. I'd post a picture of the club set up but I haven't learned the picture posting thing yet. The club did quite well there this year. It was all fun, but it's nice to be back home again.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 07:23 pm:

Keith...PM me with a phone number and I'll help you with posting pics. Got the "new" spindles and those cool hubcaps on the car now too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 07:34 pm:

A couple of days ago I decided to take "Pete" into town to run some errands as it was a nice day out, and the missus was engaged in domestic engineering so I decided it best to high-tail it outa here! Picked up some oil and Sta-Bil first, then the bank and off for some touring. First stop down to the bay, for a little "one on one" stare down with a local gull.I blinked first! Then it was off to a remote area down a road that almost resembled one of those "tunnels of trees" One of the roads took me to an intersection staring at a beautiful derelict old house. Too bad it was left to ruin. We've had several of these gorgeous days to tour this fall. Sounds like a few more coming up in the next week too. Next trip it's Clarabelle's turn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 07:39 pm:

Nice photos Tim :-)
(Helpful hints for readability: If you press the enter key one or two times before inserting a picture they'll line up much better with the text. Then press enter after the picture code and the next text line will start below the picture :-) )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 11:18 pm:

I wish I could get a house like that. I would love to restore it!
Grass Valley is an old city (it was the second largest city in Califunny over a hundred years ago!). But most of the old houses around here are IN the city. Very few good old houses are available outside the city here. And I do NOT want to live IN the city (I like my space, my junk, my hammer, and anvil). A nice old house in the country like that could be wonderful.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 11:29 pm:

Sadly, those old farm houses are fast disappearing. Often they're replaced by a double wide, or sometimes the farmer lives in town, European style. I think my house, built in the twenties and thirties, is the oldest in Parkerfield. All the original houses are gone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 08:34 am:

Roger: thanks, and thanks for the advice. I remember a while back Steve explaining that also, but of course Mr. Lame Brain has forgotten it! This time I'm WRITING it down!(and then I'll lose it!).

Wayne, I'd love to have that house and restore it too! And of course then flip it for more Model T funds!

Steve: I agree with you, around here they're really about gone. The wife & I see one here and there in our T travels and it just breaks our heart to see that happen. Nice that you have a well-kept "vintage house".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 10:46 am:

I like in an old house too. They have character and charm that new houses don't have. But they have cracks and sags and problems too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 12:06 pm:

Larry you just described ME! Ha ha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 12:07 pm:

I've been in construction for 25 yrs and have my own company since 2009. My son asked me a few years ago why I don't build a new house. Mine was built in 1899 and has been added onto in the 50's but in 40s style. I told him exactly what Larry said and besides that its paid for. True to the mechanic car always needs work , a contractors house does to.
Wouldn't change a thing.
Nice pics ! Keep them coming.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 09:00 pm:

32 degrees when I left my house in my Speedster to drive about 18 miles to a local car show. I was pretty bundled up. Funny when I got there to hear people arriving in closed cars complaining about the temperature.

Turned out to be a beautiful fall day . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bryan Ostergren on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 10:07 pm:

Since October 1st....BaltimoreDelawarePhiladelphiaAtlantic City Trump Taj Mahal!ManhattanHudson RiverHeading upstate New YorkRural New YorkMore rural New YorkPackard plant. Buffalo NYLake ErieMichiganDetroitClosing in on Muskegon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bryan Ostergren on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 10:18 pm:

Well, the captions to the pictures didn't print, so...
South Baltimore
Delaware
Philadelphia
Atlantic City, Trump's Taj Mahal!
Manhattan
Hudson River
3 from rural New York
Buffalo NY Packard Plant
Lake Erie
Welcome to Michigan
Detroit
Closing in on Muskegon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 10:20 pm:

Looks like a fantastic October Bryan!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 10:55 pm:

Drove my 26 rpu today it did great just 30 or so miles after some repairs last weekend.. Spent the after noon changing fuids in my 30 model A coupe. Our local model A club in Chattanooga Tn is having the annual Ketners Mill old country fair run toward Nashville. It might be a 90 miles one way Can't wait to go. If I didn't have such a time putting on pics I would post some. We generally have 10 -16 model A s. We invite other groups but most don't want to take their cars that far. We never have or see a model T on the road in this area unless it's mine. They are missing out on the fun for the year.Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul wilcox germantown wi on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 11:42 pm:

Kieth on the 2nd we took a tour of kenosha and racine with the acca club. the t's were well represented with 4 cars a 09, 11,13, and 20 we hit an orchard/winery, wind point lighthouse, kenosha museum (seen a jeffery) and old houses of the movers and shakers of the area. Around 200 mi from home and back

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 01:02 am:

Relative to the question, ... I have hardly taken my old truck out this year. Too busy building my
own "old house" in a correct Queen Anne style. Spokane has few substantial Victorians left, as the
neighborhoods they were built in were largely redeveloped, so I was forced to start from scratch. It
didn't hurt that I once did Victorian restorations almost exclusively and still have a mountain of "parts"
to really do it right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 09:49 am:

I don't know if there are less car shows in my area or if it's the fact that 2 free sites that listed local shows have gone off the air. 2 others have recently appeared over the past months but may not have been found by clubs. Anyway I hit a good one yesterday by accident in Ocean Gate and there's a Vette show at Smithville today which I'd normally pass on but there's a little restaurant there that serves the best SOS (chipped beef on toast for you non-vets) I've had since Homestead AFB in the late 60's. The Condon Skelly show some weeks ago was very good too. But it's been very light show wise. My favorite is the Antique Iron show at Allaire State Park which is the only place I've seen T's on display this season.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 01:09 pm:

Paul, we would have gone on that one also, but we were on the way to Hershey. :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 02:11 pm:

Past winner, Garrett Green and I just returned from the annual meeting of the Montana 500 held this year up in Thompson Falls. We stayed a few extra days with Rick and Char Bonebright and Tony and Janet Cerovski. Thanks to them for their wonderful hospitality. Both of us really enjoyed the beautiful start of winter with some snow covered mornings.

We had a great time and enjoyed looking at some fine Model T cars. Can't wait till the next race to begin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg sarky K on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 04:42 pm:

Hershey, the big show.

With Mike Gulbankian of the great engine rebuild company,J and M Machine on my right and Bob Richmon on my left.

It was a real treat to see Bob's 1912 Touring. Bob got his senior trophy to add to his collection including his Stynoski

Bob also had the best hat among us

My dad went to Hershey every year for more than 40 years.
It was my first time there and certainly worth the trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 09:12 am:

Had a picture perfect day yesterday, after two previous very windy days. Bright sun and no wind, so myself and a club member took off for an afternoon country ride of 53 miles. After that it was my wife and I in our '13 with our neighbors in their '15 for supper at a nearby ice cream drive-in and a round-about trip home. Got a little chilly by then, but was fun. Some pics here of the afternoon trip.

Serene river scene

Approaching a restored bridge

Of course I have to show off Clarabelle..luckily there's no traffic on this road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger - Charlotte, MI on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 09:16 am:

Nowhere too interesting, just back road shakedown cruises (totaling about 75 miles so far) since I reassembled the car. Yesterday I did drive to the next town over to the engine machine shop that did the work since I promised the guys there to bring her by once she was on the road again. I didn't take a picture but I probably should have, they were extremely happy to see the motor running.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 07:23 pm:

This weekend we drove our Tudor 164 miles to the Sun Valley Jazz Festival. The music that goes with old cars is pretty special. We found a '32 Roadster on the way to photograph. We went through Craters of the Moon also. It was a beautiful Fall trip. We missed snow and the T behaved itself. What a great change from too many days in the Garage.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 07:36 pm:

Rich,
I love your Tudor. Beautiful car.!!!

John Page, Australia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 07:41 pm:

Thanks John.
We put it together a dozen years ago but don't use it enough. It was perfect for this time of year and the weather. The trip gave me incentive to do some overdue maintenance.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 08:09 pm:

I've gotten to this point with my speedster project thus far this month. I'm getting close to a test run. I still have to solve a problem with the hood being too big. BTW, How do you get by posting so many pictures in one post?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 08:12 pm:

If there is a limit on the number of pictures per post, it must be pretty high, because I haven't found it yet.

Just keep using the "upload attachment" button and keep shoving in the pictures. It's likely that only two or three will show up in the "preview", but fear not, all of the pictures will show up when you post the message. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 01:30 am:

Thanks Mark

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration