Has anybody tried a 6 volt to 12 volt power converter

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Has anybody tried a 6 volt to 12 volt power converter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kirk on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 01:22 pm:

Has anybody tried a 6v to 12v converter? The one shown says it is adjustable and there are other types at the bottom of the page.

https://www.amazon.com/DIGITEN-Converter-Regulator-Waterproof-Module/dp/B019GY2F LW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476378729&sr=8-1&keywords=6+to+12+volt+converter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Kuhnash Southeastern Ohio on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 02:05 pm:

I used this one to run my GPS and charge my phone. Cant do both at once but really cheap. You have to supply your own enclosure and wires.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C9179WK/ref=pd_sbs_23_1?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00 C9179WK&pd_rd_r=ZD34XEP8T9MW0H3PT975&pd_rd_w=zsT5G&pd_rd_wg=vj8GN&psc=1&refRID=Z D34XEP8T9MW0H3PT975

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 02:29 pm:

You don't need 12 v to charge a phone or a GPS - the standard voltage in their batteries is usually about 5 volts, so most of them will charge just fine if you hide a lighter socket somewhere to plug in a charge cable from the device.

I run my Garmin GPS on 6 volts. It has turned off when the battery was low on idle and started again at speed, but since I increased the charge at the third brush so it didn't run low with the lights on, then it hasn't turned off.

gps

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration