Ammeter from Fun Projects

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Ammeter from Fun Projects
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 07:21 pm:

I'm waiting on an ammeter from Fun Projects. No biggie... I know they naked good stuff, and are worth the wait. I was wondering, though... is yhe 5016ESL ammeter from Langston, the same one from FP? The description and part number appear to be quite similar.

Now that my magneto is working again... is the magneto volt meter good to have?

The whole magneto-battery-generator thing is a mystery to me. May be next year's project. Do the lights switch from battery to magneto, when the ignition switch is flipped, accordingly? Does the generator charge the battery when on magneto? ... or ever?

Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 07:32 pm:

Dennis, they're separate systems. Ok, when the ignition is on bat, then the generator is charging electricity that is used by the ignition - otherwise it's separate. It was only the starter and generatorless cars that had the magneto power the headlights. The generator (if it's ok) charges as soon as the engine runs fast enough to spin the generator so it charges - generators doesn't give enough to charge at idle, so the ammeter needle may go to the negative side then.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration