Lang's old car parts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Lang's old car parts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 09:34 pm:

So today I ordered some parts from Lang's. Within a few hours I got an e-mail telling me that the parts had been shipped. Great service. Truth be told I knew Don many years ago when he was working out of his house. Nice guy and I know I'll be ordering more parts as I find more to do on my 26 Touring. Can't wait to get started.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 10:20 pm:

I order from langs when I need parts also. They are always nice and friendly and fast service. I order what I am going to have time to complete in one day off every few weeks. Nice people, Good supplier. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 10:42 pm:

I split between Langs and Snyder's, and Fun Products for those specialty I t ems you want done right.

I am waiting on a part that's on backorder from Langs... but got a notice right away, alerting me.

Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 02:14 am:

I was there today. They are less than an hour drive from here and I am spoiled. I needed something to get the runabout back on the road and added a few other items to the list to make the trip "more worthwhile". I could not go there for just one item. The greatest "danger" in going there, rather than ordering a part to be shipped, is that I might see some used item in their vast pile that must come home with me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 04:16 am:

Are their used part prices at the shop more reasonable than their online pricing?
(I mean $99 for a used high head.. come on, https://www.modeltford.com/item/3001BU.aspx )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 05:22 am:

Uh, Sorry, saw now that it's bead blasted, but still a bit high if seen at a swap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 07:12 am:

I do most of my T business with Lang's as well. I've always been happy with them and seldom find a reason to go elsewhere. Sniders runs a close second. I also have a Model A. If I need parts for both T and A, I will usually go to Sniders for one stop shopping. Sniders is a day closer to me than Langs as far as shipping goes, but that is certainly no reflection on the vendor. Both ship same day if you order in time for it to get on the truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger - Charlotte, MI on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 08:36 am:

I have purchased a few parts from other vendors, but 95% of the things I need come from Lang's. Excellent customer service, fast shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 10:41 am:

Don Lang and family are personal friends. I wouldn't get parts from anywhere else!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 06:15 pm:

New top, new upholstery, made by Cartouche,I bought from Lang's, Lang's bought from Mac's, why such an arrangement? I have bought nearly all parts from Lang's, very good service, nice to talk to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 07:27 pm:

I do both Lang's and Snyders. Probably pretty much split evenly. Happy with 'em both. I will have to say, last August when I ordered a new brass fan hub assembly for Pete my '12 from Langs and Steve thought he didn't have one already made up, it showed up on my doorstep the very next day! Blew me away. Sure made Pete happy I'll tell ya! Me too. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 08:43 pm:

Okay, here's another "plus" for Lang's,.....I placed a phone order about mid-morning Tuesday, and received it at noon today! Not bad from Massachusetts to the Seattle area, huh? Just can't say enough good about Lang's,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 10:09 pm:

I also never get parts anywhere but Langs, Don, Steve and Jim are all nice folks and I have spent lots of time talking to each on various matters over parts and my drawings and such, Don even sent me some nice pictures of shackles so I could get those right in one of my drawings. But as far as parts go, they're the ones I go to. Fun Projects inventory can also be found at Langs too, which makes it really convenient when needing something from both. I advise everyone whose cars I work on to also order from Langs, because I know besides the great service they'll also get good advise and tips on what it is they need and how to install it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 10:46 am:

I place an order diwht Schneiders last evening only because they offered the engine mounting bolts set with all 4 bolts for the crank case arm. I saw a set with Lang's that was only the two short sets.
But I have ordered a lot from Lang's in the past through eBay and paid with Paypal and the prices are the same as their site prices.

One of the things learned in a WWII jeep restoration project was to throw the parts money around a little bit to keep everyone in business and provide the competition to keep the prices down and the supply up. If everyone bought from the same guy, the other guy would go out of business and guess what would happen to supply and demand?

JMO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 11:17 am:

Crediting a supplier with quick shipping enroute is like crediting the post office for the great carburetor you just bought. Unless the supplier is actually shipping it to you, it's the carrier/courier service you should be thanking for speedy delivery. Last time I checked, Lang's or Snyders or Mac's or whomever is not a carrier/courier service. If you're happy with getting your product in a timely manner after it's been shipped by the supplier - thank the delivery service. It just makes sense. The supplier has nothing to do with the actual delivery once it's out the door.

Regards,
Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 12:44 pm:

No, but shipping the same day goes a long way. Not seen any reports of THAT from Macs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 01:18 pm:

I use both Langs and Snyders for parts. I have on occasion had a problem with both when things go on back order. Most of time they have the parts but once in awhile I get a notice that something is on back order. It is too late sometimes because I need it NOW. Because they are entering the order on a system, I would think they would be able to tell if they have inventory. Yes, I know that sometimes the inventory is wrong in the system but if they made a habit of checking when I'm on the phone I would know to go somewhere else. Don't forget Smith and Jones in South Carolina. They always check inventory as I order and ship the same day if I'm early enough. Just my .02. Dick C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 01:34 pm:

Yes, once the order is surrendered to the tender mercies of USPS, UPS, Fedex, etc., the parts dealer gets no additional credit for promptness. But he does get credit for filling the order with dispatch. Most do, and one is notorious for dawdling, sometimes for several days. That's one reason I haven't bought anything from you-know-who since snail mail days, 25 years ago. If I order something from Lang's on Monday before they ship, it's in my mail box here in Kansas Wednesday afternoon. USPS gets some credit for that, but so does Lang's. Within minutes after I call in an order, there's an email copy of it in my inbox. Later the same day there's another email notifying me that it's shipped. I appreciate the efficient service. I'm another believer in supporting all our good dealers, so I also buy from Birdhaven, Bob's, Chaffin's, and others.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 04:55 pm:

To go back to my earlier post, If Mac's is so bad (I haven't dealt with Mac's)how does Mac's supply Lang's with no problems to customers?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 11:11 pm:

I just ordered more from langs for next weekends project on the 26 rpu. Again nice people to me..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 11:27 pm:

I can't let this thread go without a plug for Chaffin's, They also are as good as it gets!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 02:28 pm:

Kinda bummed that some of the wiring is on backorder but that's ok it's going to take me a bit to remove the engine anyway. Can't wait to see if the mail got delivered yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 02:46 pm:

All I can tell you, Thomas, is go ahead and buy from them. You'll figure it out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Guidi on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 11:19 pm:

Bought my first T at an auction this summer.Met Don Lang there and he gave me a catalogue. I've been buying parts from him just about weekly ever since! No wonder he smiled when he handed me the catalogue.
A first class operation with wonderful customer service, and fast shipping. All businesses should be so good. Thanks Don and crew... I think :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 11:28 pm:

Well when Trish was there and still the service is great. Even If you screw up and order the wrong part they are good about returning it to their stock. Been there done that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 02:30 pm:

Lang's were first class people, and shipping cost for Canada were reasonable. I highly recommend them. I like Family business shop like this.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration