Ran across this youtube vid, 1920's auto racing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Ran across this youtube vid, 1920's auto racing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 09:34 am:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aUw9cZcJU0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 09:58 am:

Wow hard to believe some of those guys even survived.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 10:13 am:

No roll bars or cages, no seat belts, no helments, no scatter shields and no telling what!
At least those guys could jump out if they had to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 12:15 pm:

Wow!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Goodheart, Edwards, NY on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 02:37 pm:

Neat video Will, I enjoyed it those guys were very brave or maybe very stupid. Will, did you ever go to the old Watertown speedway, back in the 60s ? I spent many a Saturday night there. We broke a number of Ford Flathead V-8 engines.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 03:41 pm:

William, In the 60's I wasn't very old, Been to Evans Mills, Can Am and Brockville manys times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Goodheart, Edwards, NY on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 10:15 pm:

Sorry Will I had you pegged to be about my age, born in 1940 I was in my 20s in the 60s. Was a crew man at Watertown Fairgrounds speedway and Evans MIlls for Keith and Wayne Fuller. They are my wife's cousins. Wayne's son Tim Fuller still races in the DIRT Modified cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 10:25 am:

Anyone else notice most of the early cars were RHD? Then with the boattails LHD was seen more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 03:05 pm:

I think a few of those people did not survive that day! Oh, I do so wish I could drive some of those cars on races such as those, hear the sounds, the feel, the smells.

Must go find my happy place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 09:11 pm:

Brings back good memories

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration