TT bed question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: TT bed question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 01:55 pm:

There are seven metal strips between boards. Should there be two more, along the outside edges of the outer boards?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 02:36 pm:

-Steve-
The factory steel stake bed has the boards laying on the outside bed frame rails. The bottom ends of the original boards also have about a 1/8" relief cut out to fit onto the front and rear bedrails. I have saved the old boards from my Dad's '26 TT 1-Ton if you need exact measurements. There weren't additional bed-runner strips along the outside boards. Don't know if the beds were all the same size over the years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 02:46 pm:

Clarification... Those outside frame rails have a 'lip' to support the boards to that edge. Hope this helps. (Yes, I found a lot of farm residue left there when I pulled everything apart.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 04:31 pm:

Exactly what I wanted to know. Thanx.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 10:27 pm:

If you have any 12' usable old strips left let me know, I need 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 10:37 pm:

What uses 12' strips? The ones on my TT bed are 97".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 11:00 pm:

Sorry got excited and realized that the longest TT beds were still not that long. I needed some 12' strips for my 41.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 12:15 am:

-Mark-
I'm still putting my pieces together. An answer Jack Leonhardt provided to me:

By Jack Leonhardt on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 04:17 pm:
Marvin,

Contact Bruce Horkey's Wood & Parts in Windom, MN at 507-831-5625 or see www.horkeyswoodandparts.com

I purchased stainless steel skid strips for my '26 TT Closed Cab Stakebed --- they were first class. Skid strips are available in steel as well. Provide Horkey's with the dimensions from crossmember to crossmember and they will punch square holes for fastening the skid strips utilizing carriage bolts to the crossmember.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration