Feels like Christmas eve today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Feels like Christmas eve today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 05:37 pm:

My "new" T is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow afternoon. I might have trouble sleeping tonight. I will post pictures tomorrow , in case anyone wants to see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 05:52 pm:

What a great christmas present for you. my wife told me that i'm like a kid on christmas morning each time i get a parts delivery. post a picture when your finished playing with your new toy. Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 05:54 pm:

I hope you find lots of pecans and oranges in your stocking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 07:29 pm:

It's a great feeling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 09:00 pm:

Tommy,

That's great. I'm not good at keeping names straight of the people I can see. So when it comes to the forum I'm even worse with names and which ones go with which past threads etc. But if this is your first T -- I would highly recommend you get someone familiar with the Ts to help you check it over and give you some driving lessons. And don't forget the safety items see: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/576808.html scroll down one posting.

Again - have fun!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 10:27 pm:

Best of luck with it Tom, can't wait to see pictures of your new T. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Letcher - Eugene Oregon on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 11:09 pm:

Tom,
I too, will be sleepless, My 1919 Speedster is to be delivered in the morning. Guess maybe a sleeping pill will help.

Rod

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Letcher - Eugene Oregon on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 11:13 pm:

There is a pic of the speedster in my profile.
The Green one.

Rod

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 11:16 pm:

It's a great feeling. Would like to see the pics when u get it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 07:58 am:

"I will post pictures tomorrow , *in case anyone wants to see*." Looks like Tommy is a comedian too :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 08:05 am:

Tommy, I have the exact same problem.
It also applies to swap meets, car shows, and large exams.
James

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 08:41 am:

Good luck with your new toy.

Steve wrote, "Hope you find lots Pecans and Oranges in your stockings" I did once and boy were my feet sore! I could hardly walk anywhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 08:44 am:

James, I see you are into VWs. I love them too. I don't have one at present, but have had several in years past. I've had bugs, Things, single cabs, and double cabs. Always wanted a notch-back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 08:51 am:

At least NC has weather you can enjoy it for a while this year.
I have to re- arrange out buildings today to get the roadster put away for winter( the one that just found me ) my wife thinks she needs to park in garage in winter. RPU has to be in garage so I can rebuild rear axle .
You can probably drive most of the year . Lucky
I hope you do
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 11:49 pm:

Well! Where are the pics?!?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 12:13 am:

[URL=http://s738.photobucket.com/user/thomc1957/media/1015161732_zpsbyp3b1u8.jpg.html][IMG]http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx24/thomc1957/1015161732_zpsbyp3b1u8.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Here's one more tomorrow when it is daylight. The car is very solid, with no evidence of any rust or rot in the wood. Three fenders are new , as well as the splash aprons . running boards, and grill shell. As already discussed on here , the new hood former is wrong for this car. No clue why someone would spend $185 for it and put it on this car. The tires are new Lincoln 30x3s and 30x3 1/2s. There are some other parts that I question about being right for my car. See another thread about that. Overall I am pleased with the car, considering the good condition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 11:33 am:

I see lots of T fun in your future :-) Looks like a good start. And like you and James, suffer the same aircooled VW affliction :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 11:46 am:

Nice car! I also like all the bicycles, anything antique or rare among them?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration