My 1916 Model T runs again!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: My 1916 Model T runs again!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Skyler Kimball on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 07:03 pm:

My name is Skyler,the 17 year old from Maine who got my first Model T last February. I took everyone's advice from the forum and read all I could find. I was also very lucky to find 2 older gentlemen who had a tremendous amount of knowledge about Model T's. With their help and support On Sept. 2, 1916, 100 years after my 16 T was built he ran again!! It was one of the most wonderful days of my life!! I just wanted you all to know that another T has a family again and was saved from the rust pile. Thank you for sharing all of your combined knowledge and advice!

P.S. I even learned how to crank and drive him... and thanks to Lang's for all their help and fast shipping when my muffler exploded! Thank you EVERYONE!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard lee on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 07:11 pm:

Need pictures!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 07:11 pm:

Congratulations! Pictures? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Skyler Kimball on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 07:19 pm:

I'll send pictures when it's light tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 07:20 pm:

Congratulations, good luck, and welcome to the affliction as we all say! So glad to hear of a young man who has a passion for what most seem to think is an "old fart's car", which is furthest from the truth. Hopefully you can encourage some of your peers into the hobby also. Now, start saving for the next one! Oh yeah, there will be!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 07:24 pm:

Congrats! I hope to wake up my '26 soon.

Post pics of your T if you can, I know everyone would love to see them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 07:26 pm:

Tim is right !!! My 1st T found me this spring and another found me this week. Enjoy every minute as I am. Look forward to see some pics.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 08:35 pm:

I love it!
Thank you all for sharing.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 11:15 pm:

Congratulations, Skyler! Have a great time with your T!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 11:52 pm:

Skyler, congrats and ain't it great? These little Fords are always ready to serve. :-)
Well, most of them anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 10:38 am:

I got my first T when I was '17 too. Listen to the advice you get, but make wise informed decisions. I hope you enjoy your car and the hobby as much as I have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Skyler Kimball on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 02:47 pm:

Here are some pictures of Henry after a beautiful fall ride in Maine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Skyler Kimball on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 03:00 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Skyler Kimball on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 03:01 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Skyler Kimball on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 03:02 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Skyler Kimball on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 03:03 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 03:15 pm:

Great pictures! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 03:27 pm:

Outstanding!

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 03:54 pm:

Take one of those pictures with you in the car and make it your profile picture! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 04:09 pm:

Skyler, enjoy every thing you can about a Model T. There are people that think we are a strange bunch, until they have a ride in one, then their mind set is different. They can be a bit intimidating to say the least but a labor of love. My wife knows that if I am not here on the computer or working on a Balsa model airplane I will be in the shop doing something on one of the "T". Just finished the set up for the new signal lights, and I am not a purist.
Oh I should have said in the beginning God said let there be light , but he never said let there be a Model T in your life.
Bill D

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 05:00 pm:

What a great car, you will have a ton of fun in it. Maybe you can get at least 4 girls in that. We are very lucky to have the people on the forum with the knowledge and willingness to help us keep these cars going. Now all you want to do is drive it right? I know the feeling, I'm 48 not 17.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 06:43 pm:

Your young enough to start a photo album of you and your car and all the adventures you'll have over the years. Take a lot of pictures for future memories and keep a diary with it.

Great car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 06:51 pm:

Skyler..love that big smile on you! We just got back from a 58 mile run a bit ago on a balmy fall afternoon with our neighbors following us in Pete in their '15 Charlie. Puts a similar smile on me virtually every time we go out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 02:23 pm:

Skyler I am so excited for you and the hobby. You are the new generation of caretakers. As suggested please start your photo file on your computer and back it up just in case something goes wrong with it. I've seen pictures on the forum of one of the caretakers of an early model T and his family when they were very young and then another picture when they were more seasoned in life. Memories will last a life time but pictures will give you a chance to share those memories visually. I look forward to following your progress. Best Regards,
John

(Message edited by Jtt3 on October 16, 2016)

(Message edited by Jtt3 on October 16, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 06:48 pm:

Way to go skyler. I wish I could have started as young as you are!! It's your generations turn take care of the model T s and A s. Hey but we still want to help. Very cool car you have fun!! Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 08:36 pm:

Skyler,

I couldn't be more happy for you! Congratulations!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 07:00 am:

Skyler,

Great looking T!

If you would like to know a little more about who produced the body for your Ford, take a look on the front seat heel panel near the top and near the center. Also on the rear seat heel panel. Several body makers put a letter there to indicate they produced the body for Ford. Some of the letters that show up are "B" for Beaudett (also spelled Beaudette and refered to as Pontiac in most official Ford Motor Company references); "M" for Monroe; "B & M" and we still don't know if Monroe or Beaudett made the body and used the heel panel from the other company or something else happened; "W" for "Wilson."

For where to look etc. please see the old forum posting “Home for the Holidays” at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/40322.html).

Again, congratulations on your great looking T!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 07:11 am:

Great looking Model T Skyler. It appears to be a real 1915 since it has the "No rivet" body used until the summer of 1915. Your body should have wooden doors under both front and rear seats, if they have not rotted or been removed by a previous owner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Lightfoot on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 09:27 am:

Skyler, What great pictures..I remember my first T a 26 coupe. When it finally started it lurched forward and hit the freezer? Loved it. Have fun and be safe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 10:54 am:

That's great Skyler. I love the originality.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 11:29 pm:

Beautiful T!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 11:49 pm:

Looks like you have a keeper. Being a semi-purist, I like seeing a stock Model T, and the owner enjoying it.

When you shop for a proper hood, it's aluminum for 1915, and steel for 1916.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration