Updated photos of 1918

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Updated photos of 1918
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 10:56 pm:

Got it out and drove it around today. Starts on mag when warm, runs and drives well on the mag in high and low. Lots more detailing to do but it is coming a long. I was able to find some good used oak to fix the very rotten pieces in the bed and was able to re-used most of the bolts and nuts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 11:05 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 11:57 pm:

Goll, that T is beautiful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 02:27 am:

Mark - What a fun car! I think I'd just make a slight improvement on the seat for comfort, and maybe find just the top section of a hood that fits, and call it good! A perfect little "survivor" pickup"!

For what it's worth, and you probably know this already, but it looks like you're using an old wood spoke to hold the ol' girl in neutral! I'm guessing that the ratchet function of the hand brake lever is not holding. Quite often, the "teeth" in the quadrant are not worn all that badly, but the "point" on the pawl is worn down and just needs to be sharpened up with a file or grinder. An easy and very satisfying "fix"! Also, if you make it a regular practice to squeeze the latch with your hand "BEFORE" you pull the lever back into neutral or to set the hand brake, and then release the latch AFTER the lever is pulled back, you won't have to sharpen the pawl again for a long, long time. Hope this helps,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 07:36 am:

Thanks Harold. Yes you are correct the quadrant is worn down. Going to pull it off and get it fixed. I have the hood, the hinges are shot, I have 2 others I am working on in hopes to get one to look like the rest of the truck.

Being that I am not retired progress is slow, lots of other projects going at the same time and work gets in the way so I have a day or 2 every now and then to work on it. I got insurance and plates coming soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 09:13 am:

Very nice Mark
I have same problem with teeth on lever. I hand filed teeth in three spots and have a piece of binder twine with a loop to keep it from going into high gear . The seat looks a little uncomfortable but I would love to have original seat for mine in that condition. Glad to see a truck like that hitting the road again. Took wife to town for supper last night in RPU and I went to coffee shop at six this morning . The moon was brighter than the headlights.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 09:13 am:

Fun! You need to find some old blankets to make seat covers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 12:52 pm:

Thanks guys, to tell you the truth I like doing this partially because you guys like to see the projects. I still have lots of detailing to go in order to make it look correct and or old to match the rest of the truck. Ran out of steam yesterday though, some times too much time on a project clouds your thinking and it gets frustrating. Hanging with the family today. Going mini golfing with my parents of all things.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 01:11 pm:

A twin of Otis in the making?

otis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 01:15 pm:

I didn't like the school bus seat coushon that came with mt truck . Green ! So I recovered it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 04:41 pm:

Oh that "ottis" is very cool!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 04:58 pm:

Hello Mark: From California to Colorado some people just fall into that bucket of S**T and come out like a big bunch of roses. Make it as safe as you can and enjoy it for a year and do a few things now and then.
Steering -Brakes and Glass and Wheels, and someone on here has a saying :Go Out and enjoy the Ride".I don't remember the person that say's that but it is true.
Also welcome to the herd of T'R's, oh and becareful , you have one and shortly you will be needing a second to keep the first one company, and don't have then to close as they might even cause the need for a third one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 10:52 pm:

No kidding Bill, this one is my 6th but I think for now it feels safe at home by itself. Those who have been following my posts may recall this was the exact T that got me into the car hobby 41.5 years ago and I was lucky to get a call from the family who has had it for ever asking if I wanted it. I said yes of coarse, not many of us get to have the thing we most wanted as a young person, I think I spent all of those years trying to get some version or another of this t, now I have it and I may not need much else. We will see. My other projects are jealous for sure.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration