OT. What holiday come next?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT. What holiday come next?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 09:31 pm:

I am confused. We just celebrated Columbus Day in Mass but NH does not.

My wife just showed up with Halloween candy - little bags of M&Ms, snickers bars, Milky Way, etc - and a big bag of red and green peanut M&Ms.
I thought that Halloween was followed by Thanksgiving then Christmas.
Thanksgiving requires candy corn.
I must be missing something so I will try to deplete the red & green peanut M&Ms before Halloween and hope we get candy corn soon so we don't have Holiday candy overlap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 09:43 pm:

Our Kmart pulled out their christmas stuff on labor day. Its wierd seeing halloween costumes and christmas trees.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 09:56 pm:

Fred,

Judging by a lot of posts the past couple days ....

Many folks are enjoying an early Christmas with " new " T's .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 03:30 am:

And WHEN, Freighter Jim, will it be your turn? Any more maybes hanging around?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 10:06 am:

Concerning Columbus day. Here in California, the U.S.mail was not delivered. The schools were open but Bank of America was closed and Wells Fargo Bank was open. Very confusing. Also confusing is that Columbus day used to be October 12 but now is on a Monday so it was on the 10th. Some stores are still having Columbus day sales even though the day has passed!

Halloween. When I was young, the kids dressed up and went "Trick or Treating" That practice was started to discourage vandalism. Later the schools had a carnival and encouraged the kids to dress up and attend which was done to keep them off the streets. Now the schools do not permit dressing up because the costumes might be "offensive", or might scare somebody!

Isn't life fun!
Norm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration