Slightly OT - Lost discovery in my house - T books

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Slightly OT - Lost discovery in my house - T books
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 12:36 pm:

I started getting sick yesterday, I could feel it coming on. Sure enough, I got up this morning, full blown scratchy throat, the chills (now sweating my A off), headache, etc.

I have had an issue getting my T together and I thought maybe a peak in Bruce McCalleys encyclopedia might clear a few things up. Unfortunately, when we moved ten years ago, it got packed away somewhere, and never got un boxed. I figured I might as well get up and look for it and settle back down with it and continue resting, if I found it. Well, I did finally find it ---in a "safe spot", along with other Model T books I completely forgot I had. Guess I should get a little more organized---or just finish unpacking, LOL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 03:37 pm:

Chad,

Sorry to hear you are under the weather. I'm glad you found your books. Reading doesn't take as much energy as working in the yard etc. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

By the way, have you figured out what you would like to do with your cut off? Use it as a cut off pickup? Find a rear touring section and make it back into a touring? (I suspect a USA rear touring section would work -- but the top rest mounts are different. I don't know about the molding if it is about the same or different. And I don't know about the amount of wood in the rear seat section. From memory, the USA tourings went from wood to steel seat frames as time progressed from 1915 to 1917 and depending on which body maker etc. And then for 1918-19 some but not all of the USA body makers went back to wood seat frames on the tourings. And then they went back to the metal seat frames. For USA cars I don't recall any that had a metal seat frame in the front and a wooden seat frame in the rear. But again from memory, I believe the Canadian touring cars switched to the metal seat frame in the front and continued the wooden seat frame in the rear. I'm not sure when the Canadian cars went to metal seat frames both front and rear seats in the touring. Surely by the 1926 "improved cars" they would have done that. But i don't know if they did it earlier and if they did, what time frame and how much overlap with the older wooden style rear seat frame also being produced.

Any way if you are thinking of going back with a touring rear seat and rear doors, please let us know and I'll try to look up some dates and get better information for you on that.

Again, I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 04:37 pm:

Hap,

I kept it as a pickup. I built and finished a new oak bed for it several years ago....which is almost done. The more I get into this thing, the more I realize just how much stuff is screwed up and not right, or just flat out needs rebuilding. It is never going to be a show queen, but I want to make it a solid runner. I am very close to actually driving it.... Hopefully before Thanksgiving.

Bruce's book verified some thoughts I had, but still has not solved my brake handle / clutch bolt cam issues I posted about last week. I will continue to work on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 08:41 pm:

Chad,

I looked up your posting at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/683620.html?1476319781 about the brake handle. I had not seen that issue before. Hopefully when you put it back in the car it will work for you.

Bruce's book is excellent for what parts go with what year range. But for putting the parts in, adjusting the linkage etc. I like the Ford Server Book (T-1) much better. An online version is located at: http://mtfci2002.readyhosting.com/manuals/Model_T_Service_Manual/mtsm.html

Good luck with pickup and again, I hope you get to feeling well soon.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration