Headed to Miami to install Ugo Rondionoe's latest Mountain

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Headed to Miami to install Ugo Rondionoe's latest Mountain
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 05:54 pm:

Hi all, I'm headed to Miami next weekend to install the Miami Mountain, It is a Ugo Rondinone project that I have been working on for the last three months here in Las Vegas, Nevada. I will be there for a week and was wondering if I would be able to meet any T guys? We will be installing this ( in its finished form ) in Collins park on Thursday the 27th.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 12:04 pm:

That's very large and heavy. How are you going to get it to Miami?
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 12:31 pm:

Freighter Jim are you out there??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 12:44 pm:

When I was a kid, my friends and I found a large boulder made of styrofoam.
It looked like one of the two rocks here, 2nd or 3rd down from the top. Not sure
what it was for .... a stage prop ? But there is was, and what would any kids
do with such a treasure but try to have some fun with it.

Our first order of fun was to be seen carrying it along a busy road. We did our
best to appear as if were were straining to the utmost as we did so. It was actually
more of a pain with the wind than any weight. But the looks we got were priceless.

Later we decided to set it in the middle of the road and look it as if it just fell off
a truck or out of the sky. Cars would stop and much fun conversation was had.
We just played stupid and said we had just stumbled upon it there and didn't want
anyone to run into it. No one even tried to move it, but many ran off to find a pay
phone to alert police of "the event". We tried variations on the theme to change
up the fun, like staring skyward, as if to imply it have come from above.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 04:36 pm:

Ha .....

I was going to make some sm@rt@ss remark but you beat me to it .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 04:39 pm:

No offense to The Artiste' but there are boulders that size that I see by the side of the road that I'd were correctly anchored & stacked ....

Oh Well ....

I guess sometimes Art created in Vegas leaves Vegas ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 04:40 pm:

John,

Robert lives in Miami ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 02:02 am:

I remember in elementary school we had some volcanic rocks--looked big and massive, but mostly air. One teacher was carrying one out to her car and the principal saw her and started running over, "Here, let me help you with that!" And she said, "Sure, here, catch!" and threw it to him. The look on his face. . . . . Oh, he did catch it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 11:49 pm:

The large base stone A weighs 76,000 lbs and our lightest stone D weighs only 34,000 lbs. I will take five truck loads to move Miami Mountain to Miami. The total stack is somewhere in the range of 230,000 lbs and will be 42ft tall. I will send Robert a message thanks. Here is a photo of the last project here in Las Vegas, It is called Seven Magic Mountains. Nothing has been done like this in the world before now. We tower Stone Heinge, double in height and the Miami Mountain is triple. The Miami Mountain was created in Las Vegas because this is where the the few individuals that have done this are. I hope that I can meet Robert while I'm there thanks. And remember, it is just art.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 10:09 am:

Saw a segment on CBS Sunday Morning today on this. My understanding, if correct, is that this is a temporary display that will be dismantled and removed. Kind of a shame. It's so unusual, I sorta like it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration