COLBY AUTOMOBILE OT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: COLBY AUTOMOBILE OT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kerndt-Waukon, Iowa on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 12:57 pm:

I have a good friend that has a 1912 COLBY manufactured in Mason City, Iowa and he is looking for anyone that own a COLBY or parts! Thank you.

Bill 563-380-6230

kerndtengineering@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 06:01 pm:

that would be john Carlin graetinger,IA, Charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 12:29 am:

Think John actually has 2 Colby's. I'm guessing he is the member of a very exclusive club. Can't imagine any others left in the world. I have visited John and checked the Colby's over and they are quite the car.

John and his wife are quite the hosts, we had a delightful lunch all prepared by his wife. They would not take no for an answer.

John has always been an incredible source for interesting early car parts.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kerndt-Waukon, Iowa on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 08:53 am:

You guys are both right. Wish I could help him with information or parts. Thanks anyway. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 12:43 pm:

I had never heard of the car until I saw this post. It is pretty tough to find photos of one, especially a color photo. It reminds me of the Mighty Michigan - only in production 1911-1913. How many were actually produced?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 02:15 pm:

1000 cars produced. http://theoldmotor.com/?p=118796

Now the question remains of how many are still in existence?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 02:35 pm:

Having an interest in the unusual can be a lonely path to travel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 03:05 pm:

how maney?about the same as my 11 Russell-knight. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 09:25 am:

Bill,

I forgot to send you the information I discussed with you on the phone.

Just sent you a PM.

Sorry for the delay.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 09:49 am:

Here's a page of Colby photos. Too bad they're so tiny.

https://libraries.ou.edu/locations/docs/westhist/Colby/index.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 10:08 am:

Here's one of the existing Colbys, a 1911 40 HP runabout:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 10:10 am:

It is in the Mason City Iowa museum.

From a Pintrest posting:

"In 1911, the Colby Car manufacturing operation opened in Mason City, Iowa. This Colby Car - the only one remaining of 900 made in Mason City - can be found at the Kinney Pioneer Museum." www.visitmasoncity.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kerndt-Waukon, Iowa on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 01:06 pm:

Thanks to everyone that posted. This all helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 01:10 pm:

Hmm, sounds like there are at least 3 remaining. Anyone tell the museum??? Would be interesting to have pictures of all three.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration