What Year Steering Column Is This?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What Year Steering Column Is This?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 03:14 pm:

I honestly can't remember what year this steering column is. John Byrd (RIP) rebuilt this about 15 years ago and suggested Viper Red; I like it.

Please let me know what year range it is.

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 03:17 pm:

Looks like a 14. Does it have a riveted gear case? The pressed steel flange was on the 14 models, I can't remember when they may have started calender year though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 04:08 pm:

It is typical 1914, maybe very late 1913.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 04:58 pm:

I added a few pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 04:59 pm:

I think it is not a 13, could be a very late 13. I believe 13's have an offset bolt on the mounting flange. Three bolts are alike but the bottom right bolt hole should be lower (offset) on the flange if it was a 13. I believe a 12 has buttons on the spark and fuel vs a flat hand grip area. With that I have exhausted ALL I think I know about the subject!!!! Dick C.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration