Wow....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Wow....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 03:34 pm:

Not trying to help someone sell this - but look at what's going on in that engine compartment! It doesn't sound like a T in the video either.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/ford/model-t/1844384.html#&gid=1&pid =29

I wonder what the thought process was when redesigning the cooling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 04:04 pm:

I want the front wheels! You guys can have the rest of it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 04:06 pm:

It has a Kingston Regenerator manifold with a Holley NH adapted to it. Neat idea, wonder how it works compared to a stock intake though. Lots of odd stuff under the hood that likely had little effect on performance and hurt reliability.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 04:52 pm:

Steers like a caterpillar by braking the rear wheels individually - see this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pa6DSCO3ik

1960s footage with Goofy at the wheel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOTAZe-QfyA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 05:14 pm:

Sure seems to ask a lot of the little swivel wheel under the back end.

It's cute, but IMHO strictly an amusement park item.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 05:19 pm:

Had some changes made to it over the years huh!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 05:52 pm:

This is one of those items that the guys on Pawn Stars would wonder how long it would take to sell it. And make any money on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 06:53 pm:

Maybe you guys should read the WHOLE STORY not just look at the pictures. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 08:47 pm:

My RPU would do that if I load too much corn in the bed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 11:00 pm:

Gents,

Help me with a semi-related question exemplified with this vehicle ....

Given that Model T's, especially the early ones, have an easy time of running dry of
oil in the front of the engine, would not doing wheelies REALLY push the limits of getting
oil up front and tossing some bearings ???

I have seen old pix of a number of "clown car" Model T's like this. What did people
do to keep the front end from running dry ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 11:29 pm:

Burger,if I'm not mistaken,there is an oil pump on that clown car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 11:07 am:

There is also a BIG oil line running from the top of hogshead to the front of the pan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 11:32 am:

I'm with Dan. I want the front wheels, but the rest of the car really does nothing for me.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration