Reproduction NH center drain bowl info.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Reproduction NH center drain bowl info.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 06:14 pm:

Just received the repro NH Carburator bowl. It looks to be well made and painted. I'm thinking its painted with some type of black spray paint to keep it from rusting till its used.
Its not a big deal buthas anybody used a repro bowl from the vendors? I'll get a little gas or thinner and put some of it on the bowl to probably remove it. Its coated pretty heavy on the inside and wouldn't think it has some type of gas resistant paint on it. If I paint the carb is there some type of spray paint I can use that's solvent resistant? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 08:45 pm:

No need to go high dollar on this. I use rattle can Rustoleum satin black, and it's fine. Don't paint the inside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 09:28 pm:

Thanks for the tip. The NH center drain bowl is a good repo part that's reasonably priced by the way.
8 dollars I believe. I'll get some Rustoleum at the local Wal-Mart. I've seen it there before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 09:31 am:

I can't believe anyone would reproduce that item! There are originals everywhere! Originally I believe they were raven finished.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 01:15 pm:

Its cheap for me since I don't have to drive here and there to find one using a tank or two of gas or more which isn't cheap. I'm glad they are being reproduced.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 02:28 pm:

The NH Edge Drain carburetor bowl is not as easy to find and not reproduced.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 05:46 pm:

Probably because it might be more difficult to reproduce because of the offset hole along with the center hole. And it wouldn't be around $8 dollars as the center drain bowl is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 11:17 am:

I've bought a few of these bowls, they are well made, fit correctly and don't leak.

That's a lot more than can be said for the NH needle and seats sets that continue to be sold that leak, leak, leak because the tips are not made correctly. Must be cheap to have them made so they are too rough to seal instead of so they work right out of the package.

I'm happy somebody tooled up to make the bowls. My time is worth more money that spending two hours trying to dig a usable NH bowl out of a parts pile, clean it up, get the dents out and get it to quit leaking because the bottom sealing area is all rusted and pitted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 02:12 pm:

Stan, I had a pretty good bowl until I started to clean it up and discovered a pin hole in it. I started to use some JB Weld on it but decided to get the NH repo bowl. In your experience with carbs have you had any luck trying to use some type of gas resistant epoxy or just soldering up a small hole? I do have to say the repo bowl is well made and like you said it does fit well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 09:48 pm:

Typing on my tablet, mistakes and spell check ahead. I don't use j b weld on anything. Solder is good if you have old 60 40 kester acid core.bead blast, heat, soldering paste, wipe hot ,apply solder,last forever.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration