Weak coils

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Weak coils
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Heavner on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 06:28 pm:

I need two coils rebuilt. Number one is weak, number two is a little better. Numbers 3 and 4 are fairly strong. What is the best way to go? Have them rebuilt from one of the vendors (Langs or Snyders) or The Coil Doctor. I will probably have all 4 coils rebuilt so they will be the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Markham on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 06:58 pm:

Ron the coil man he did mine this summer what a difference

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 07:03 pm:

Best to send them out. Especially if you don't have a friend with a HCCT or one of the other units to properly set them up. The actual rebuilding/reconditioning isn't hard at all but they simply must be run thru a tester for maximum performance. You'll be happy with the results.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorentz K. Lorentzen, Norway on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 07:39 pm:

It is recommended to overhaul 5 pcs so that you have a complete set and one in spare that are all the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 09:31 pm:

If your doing 2 you might as well have them all done. You'll be glad you did a year from now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Heavner on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 11:39 pm:

Thanks all. I think I will have them all done.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration