OT - Early Brass Carburetor ID

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - Early Brass Carburetor ID
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Kramer, Woodstock, Ontario on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 08:53 pm:

A friend has this early brass carburetor and would like to know what vehicle it would have been on originally. The tag on the top says " Holley Bros, Co. Detroit Mich. Patent Applied For "
No other markings anywhere on the carburetor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 09:48 pm:

A friend has a couple of these. They don't have the filter screen soldered on. We surmized they are for an early farm tractor that has an air washer system similar to a Fordson.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 11:22 am:

That's a carburetor for a Model N Ford. A Holley Bros. A VERY nice find. If you want to sell it, list it on eBay as such and you'll do well. If not eBay, at least do your homework on its value before selling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 11:25 am:

If the flange is model T size, it's for a later NRS ford. The one shown has a screen soldered on, easily removable. They just had a small flat round screen to keep bugs out. Looks like a steel homemade cap on the float cover, too, but overall a real pricey , desirable carb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 02:37 pm:

I just gave my friend a shout.We hope he still has them. There was a bunch of early carbs and parts in that group of stuff.There were also Kingstons.We'll see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 04:16 pm:

I agree, the correct top cap over the valve can be made from brass stock. Not a big deal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Kramer, Woodstock, Ontario on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 09:49 pm:

I'm not sure if the flange size is the same as a Model T or not. I will contact the owner for some more details. Does anyone know an approximate value for this carburetor?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 09:54 pm:

Christopher,

I've seen them go from $500 to $1700. Quite a wide range but the lower price was years ago and the higher was for a rebuilt one.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration