30-30 ammeter

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 30-30 ammeter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry M Young on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 05:49 pm:

Does anyone have any information on a 30-30 original size ammeter for the T? I have tried the units from the vendors but have had bad luck with them (mounting tabs break off, poor quality). I have looked in the archives, maybe not looking in the right place. Any information on this subject will be appreciated.
Thanks
Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 06:46 pm:

T's never used a 30-30 meter it was 20-20. There were two different size meters depending on what year. Broke tabs off not much to go by to help.
If you are talking about the late Model T and Model A style, this is one place that after bending tabs a little dab of silicon will help keep in place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry M Young on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 10:04 pm:

Mark, thanks for the reply, I have an alternator so I installed a 30-30 after market, was just wondering if the was an original size 30-30 that was available. Thanks for the tip re silicon, I'll try that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 12:28 am:

Jerry:

I presume you have a 26/27 Model T. If not then please tell us what year of T you have when posting since contrary to all the folklore, All model T's were not exactly alike. Alternators generally can put out way more than 30 amps so not sure why you are seeking a 30-0-30 ammeter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 06:24 am:

An Ammeter is not a good indicator to use with an alternator. You need a voltmeter to see what an alternator is doing. You can have a bad alternator that charges at 30 amps yet won't keep a battery charged because the voltage is only 12.5 volts.

This is why you need a voltmeter. Fortunately you can buy one new from Fun Projects, and it won't fall apart when you mount it because it is made well, not a cheap piece of poo like you get from many vendors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 08:35 am:

John. I was just looking on your website and it appears you don't supply a ampmeter for a 26/27 T?
Alan

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration