Stuck transmission adjustment screw

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Stuck transmission adjustment screw
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eck Sheppard on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 07:12 pm:

One of the three clutch adjustment screws is stuck and won't move. I have been soaking in c
kroal and hoped it would help. No luck yet probably the screw thread may be holding tight. I hate to have to take the hogshead off again as I just got it on. Thanks for any help, I tried a screwdriver and wrench but no movement. Can the toggel pins be removed without much problem ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 07:21 pm:

Following along
I adjusted mine and one of the three turned extremely hard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 08:20 pm:

Tighten the other 2 screws and then see if you loosen the third. I suspect they are unbalanced and one screw is taking all the load.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eck Sheppard on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 08:28 pm:

Thank you will try tomorrow Thanks again

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 11:07 am:

Push in on the low pedal it may be easier to turn with no load.
Rick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration