1914-25 roadster and coupe rear fender irons..

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1914-25 roadster and coupe rear fender irons..
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 04:54 pm:

...not fender brackets. I've researched Google and past Forums for the answer and found none. Are there any differences in the years or for the 2 body styles in question? I feel I have 1 more restoration left and would like for it to be the low production year of 1918. And I have 3 set of similar appearing fender irons. Thanks to all in advance

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 05:33 pm:

You may need to look at one Fords chassis parts books for the era of car your trying to build.
The fender irons have a T- parts no. on them.

Check to see if so and so part number is on them. The parts book will tell you which cars they were for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 09:55 am:

Smashing idea John! I never would've thought of it. I'll call Snyders this morning and order that parts book. Thank you!
It's just that I've been answering other's questions on this Forum since I discovered it in February of 1998 drawing on my half century experience with Model Ts and modest library. I kinda thought one of my Forum Friends might have that parts book and advise me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 10:29 am:

George, Here's the July 1917 parts list: http://www.cimorelli.com/mtdl/1917/1917pljul.pdf

And here's the July 1918 version: http://www.cimorelli.com/mtdl/1918/1918pljul.pdf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 10:38 am:

The 5390 and 5563 numbers will be on the irons. That is the factory number. It's confusing how they give a part number and factory number. That's for the earlier ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 10:50 am:

1913 roadster irons will work on later cars, but they are not the same as the book says.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 11:43 am:

George,

My runabout is a very late 1917 (end of June) so it probably has the ones that you need. I will get some photos and send to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 01:57 pm:

The rear irons come in rights and lefts. They don't interchange I don't think. I have a 24 Coupe and a 1919 Roadster. I was thinking they both had the same L/R numbers on them. I'll go to the shop and check the numbers this afternoon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 04:33 pm:

The no's on the fender irons on my 1919 Roadster are T5563 right iron and T5390 on the left iron.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 08:15 pm:

Thanks to all ! Very interesting. So rear fender irons for roadster, coupe and 2 years of the pickup are all the same from 1914-1925 and Charley said maybe 1913? Last month I learned that '26-'27 runningboards are different for model years and now rear fender irons were used for 11-12 years.
But now ya'll are making me feel like a woman - I looked very hard at all 6 irons in my 3 sets and couldn't find a part number...and they're in really good shape too. Guess it doesn't matter; they're definitely in 3 sets...thanks again!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration