Coupe trunk locks- aftermarket

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Coupe trunk locks- aftermarket
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Saggese on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 05:16 pm:

It occurred to me that the skeleton key locking mechanism is not very secure (neither is the ignition, for that matter!).

Now, it really doesn't make a difference today, as nobody carries around a skeleton key nor would they know how to drive the car.

Anybody have examples of aftermarket trunk lock solutions available back in the day?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 05:57 pm:

I have a 24 Coupe I inherited from my grandfather. He drove the car till 1954. He was a practical guy who added 21" Model A wheels to the car and as for as locking the trunk he welded on a hasp and keeper on the car to lock it up! It worked but sure wasn't original. I sure wouldn't do that to a car I was restoring these days but I had to respond to your post. It brought back some memories!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Saggese on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 06:07 pm:

I was just thinking about the types that may want to carry something they would rather not be caught with (or have stolen). Being a prohibition-era car, there might have been some interesting home-brew solutions such as your grandfather's, or commercial products.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration