Sodus NY early Model T on Main Street-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Sodus NY early Model T on Main Street-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 02:29 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 07:22 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 07:49 am:

It is a early and new looking T, either a 1909 or 1910.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 08:45 am:

The dirt street had concrete crosswalks and a concrete place to stand while waiting for the streetcar. I don't recall ever seeing that before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 08:47 am:

It might be a relatively new Ford but It looks like the rear right fender already had a run in with something.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Jorgensen, Batavia, IL on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 11:36 am:

An interesting picture documenting the early transition from horses to automobiles. In 5 years time, the ratio of horses to automobiles will be quite different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 12:55 pm:

Notice on the car that the straps for the top saddles are NOT rolled.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 03:24 pm:

I was noticing how nice the top looks on the car. No wrinkles there!

(Wonder if the installer got a reprimand for taking too long?)

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 09:08 pm:

US flag displayed wrong.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Banks on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 09:39 pm:

Looks like someone lined up models on that cement telephone pole base in the shape of an S maybe?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 10:23 am:

There were no official rules about displaying the flag until the National Flag Code came into effect in 1923.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 07:10 pm:

The 3 story building, on the left side of Main Street, at the corner there I believe is the Sodus Hotel and it is still there and in the process of being remodeled.

It might be the building farther down in the newer photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 07:49 am:

What a difference a N direction marker, that I missed earlier, makes on a photo.

In this view were looking east with the buildings on the north side of Main Street, where Maple Avenue tees off of Main Street.

I thought the earlier view was looking west where Belden Aveue joined Main Street. Certainly more of the old buildings, or at least their foundations are still in place on the north side of the street.

My birthplace, the old Sodus Hospital, would have been in the upper right hand southeast side just beyond that white clapboard building with the flags out front.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration